'
Forum Home Forum Home > Ionian Islands > Paxos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Which Beach?

Paxos, Ionian Islands

Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElaineK Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which Beach?
    Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 4:20am
I get emails every day from various companies offering me special offers on travel. The picture below arrived today, trying to sell me a holiday to a destination that I won't identify in case I offend anyone    Looking at the neat rows of sunbeds lined up 5 deep against a backdrop of high rise hotels and apartments, just made me think how lucky we are to have found Paxos    The second photo is one I took of Kipos beach and I know which beach I prefer! Anyone want to argue?

I wasn't lost - I was just taking an interesting detour!
Elliemay View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliemay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 4:35am
Nope, totally agree. x
Cornucopia
Of
Real
Friends
Unsurpassed
ElaineK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElaineK Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 4:50am
Just thought I'd better add, the first beach isn't anywhere in Greece!

Also, just noticed the time. I wasn't posting in the early hours, it was 10.20 BST
Elliemay View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Elliemay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 6:07am
Hi,
Have let Nathan know that the forum clock is out of whack, he will sort it.
Cornucopia
Of
Real
Friends
Unsurpassed
MartynG View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartynG Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 7:48am
I'm with you (so to speak!) ElaineEmoticons
Martyn
Shakespearstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shakespearstar Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 3:10am
Oh Elaine!! There is absolutely NOTHING appealing about No. 1 picture! I wouldn't stay there if it was free!
Now photo 2, when I look at it I can hear the tinkling sound of the water as it washes over the pebbles. Very relaxing!
Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life!
Helen :)
Tina B View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tina B Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 3:19am
Number 1 for me, especially if there was a 'themed' bar nearby and a nightclub to fall out of in the early hours.

Only joking, giddy as booked flights this week!!

Nardine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nardine Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 4:53am
Now come on Tina, we all know what you really want is a karaoke bar with big screen TV's selling 50p sambuca shots! And someobody wandering along the beach trying to sell you a "rolex"! LOL
3 'o'clock is always to late or too early for anything you want to do - Jean Paul Sartre
Deedee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deedee Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 8:00am
I have no wish to 'argue' but I can see why families with children might prefer No. 1 - lovely golden sand and, despite the rows of sunbeds, there is still plenty of it visible and available to play on. It also looks like it would be safe for swimming and I would guess that there are refreshment and toilet facilities close by. 
Deedee Smile
Are we there yet?
We've been and come back but we're going again.
MartynG View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartynG Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 8:14am
Hi Deedee

We may have been a bit odd, but even when our children were young, we preferred beaches like number 2.

Just as well we're not all alike.Wink

Martyn
Elliemay View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliemay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 9:19am
Ha ha. That reminds me when we went to an isolated beach with just one tiny taverna. When I asked if they had a loo, he waved his hand across the area and said everywhere madam. 
Cornucopia
Of
Real
Friends
Unsurpassed
Tina B View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tina B Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 12:46pm
Me too Martyn, as children we went to beaches just like that one (well that very one at times). Our daytime entertainment was snorkelling and swimming, watching ants carry food back home, lunch, more swimming and back home in the boat. Our evening entertainment was taking it in turns to choose where to eat and people watching. Plus being spoilt rotten by the locals.

I love watching my Daughter do the same now.

Horses for courses though, it would bore some people to tears!
ElaineK View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 2:52am
I don't think you're odd Martyn. When my daughter was young she loved our annual holidays to what was then a tiny coastal village on Zante (sadly it's grown a bit over the last 30 years!) with exactly the same sort of "entertainment" that Tina describes. She quickly got to know the locals and, more importantly, they knew and looked out for her.

Now that she has an 8-year old of her own they still enjoy similar holidays - although to France rather than Greece - and my grandson loves exploring quiet beaches with rock pools, wandering through woodlands and just enjoying the luxury of having his parents on hand 24 hours a day!
Malcy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malcy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 5:53pm
Who, beach 1 Majik. Love it El. Ware iz it? Can do thongs with all others. Luvly site!
ElaineK View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 1:37am
Hey Malcy! Helen told me you were having problems getting in here, so it's good to see you back

I can't actually remember where beach 1 was now, somewhere in the Canaries I think. I'm sure that you'd fit in very well with your thongs and mankinis, but I dare say that after a year off you'll be ready to get back to Loggos next year
Joefish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joefish Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 6:05am
Reminded me of a stay in the Canaries - Caleta de Fuste on Fuerteventura.  A big cove with an arc of sand (dredged up and brought in by ship - it's a fake beach, just like that one).  Regimented sunbed and swimming area.  As for the surrounding landscape, you might as well have been on the moon.  Though there are some great natural beaches to be found elsewhere.
Florin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Florin Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2014 at 6:48am
It's 2 for me but I must confess I do love a day at Monadendri once in a while. Lovely food and unbeatable people watching!
Malcy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malcy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2014 at 7:27pm
Well Leverechia Beach has to be a strong contender for us as our first visit to Paxos was staying in The Beach House.
First beach to go to on our 15hp Capt Nikos boat was tiny Alati Beach (now with Villa!!)
Love that little piece of holiday memory. It was our own first deserted beach.

What about Benidorm beach?? All that fat floating in the sea!

Shoudn't mock. I'm not at my best.
ElaineK View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Malcy Malcy wrote:

.......First beach to go to on our 15hp Capt Nikos boat was tiny Alati Beach (now with Villa!!)
Love that little piece of holiday memory. It was our own first deserted beach.....

Malcy, we stayed in a GIC villa just above Alati (but well hidden in the trees!) for 3 years running round about 1992. When we went for our lunch and afternoon siesta, I used to drape a towel over a tree branch to let the people like you in hired boats know that it wasn't completely deserted - it was ours!!!   
Malcy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 5:41pm
Elaine - Isn't that the magic of Paxos. You can still find your own little piece of the Island.
Don't know what to expect on Lefkas.The Villa should be ok and hopefully Lazarata will have a couple of Taverna.
Boating looks interesting around the Onasis and other Islands but not too impressed by the hire boats so far.
I'm missing Paxos already! So many lovely people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic