'
Forum Home Forum Home > Ionian Islands > Paxos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Looking For Another Island

Paxos, Ionian Islands

Page  123 4>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malcy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking For Another Island
    Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 2:38am
After 8 years on Paxos we left this year (after an emotional send off from the girls at O'Gios and the Roxy Bar presentation with our own Roxy hats) thinking we must look to go to other Islands for a change or two then return.

Not Easy!!

We've been to Corfu, Kefalonia, Zante, Skiathos, Skopolos, Lesvos (during Ladies week!!) and The Isle of Wight but none of them or any other we have looked at so far seem to offer what we have had on Paxos.
Villa's with Pools - Yes. Nice Apartments - Yes. But most important. Can't find one with boat's to hire that match the quality offered from Loggos apart from one we hired on Skopelos but on the south of the Island. We we're their first hirer's on south, was not ideal with high harbour wall moorings and off beach mooring at end of day with ropes. (not a problem if you got it right with the audience on the beach and Taverna)

Don't know what it's like on north side of Skopelos Island with a boat??

Don't tell me off yet    WE WILL RETURN
Tina B View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tina B Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 8:41am
Malcy I do know what you mean about trying somewhere New just for a change. I'll pm you too but how about across on the mainland? Lots of old Greece there still, on the coast and up in the mountains, have a bit of a tour around then relax by the sea. Not sure if the villas with pools box will be ticked though, but boats should be.

Tina B View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tina B Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 9:01am
PS I spotted a opportunity for a thong airing on Anti P in August at a young things party in August!!

Wrighl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrighl Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 11:47pm
Hi Malcy,
Can recommend Ikaria, not sure about the boats for you when there but its a lovely island and the people very friendly. We plan to go back there if they start up flights from anywhere in the Midlands or north as Gatwick a long way for short haul for us. We found this island and then they stopped the Manchester flight to Samos after our first visit. You fly to Samos and get ferry across, also from Samos connect to Fourni, that is very small island before Ikaria and we will go there when we eventually go back to Ikaria, we stopped via there on the ferry back and it looks beautiful.

Symi is stunning, but not been for at least 25 years, so not sure how its changed. It has a magic of its own at night once all the day trippers have gone back to Rhodes. Good connections from Rhodes.

Tilos is another lovely island, hydrofoil from Rhodes, been 3 times and loved it.

Paxos will take some beating, its got us hooked and we can fly from Doncaster/Sheffield which is only an hour for us from Lincoln and is a fab little airport.

Rocdoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocdoc Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 8:51pm
Hi Malcy, try Lefkas, very large boating community there lots of hire companies in town, or the sailing resorts of Sivota (not to be confused with the one on the mainland) and Nidri. For a combination of villas and boats Sivota would be your best bet, there are a couple of charter companies operating there. 
We had a friend (sadly departed) who spent time with his boat, on Paxos in the sailing frat but eventually found Lefkas and settled there.
Halki is also lovely but the sailing is a bit more serious in the Aegean.
its nice to be important but its more important to be nice
Wrighl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrighl Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 11:36pm
Halki does look very nice, we stopped on way back from Tilos one year and it reminded me of a small version of Symi with the beautiful buildings. Another one to visit.
Loggos Les View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loggos Les Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 8:58am
Hi, I live in Paxos, but after Paxos, Meganissi next door to Lefkas is the island for me. Still quiet with nice villages and good beaches.
Rocdoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocdoc Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 8:43pm
Agree Meganissi is lovely but its easier to get a boat on Lefkas and just do the short sail there and around the little islands in the area.

its nice to be important but its more important to be nice
Malcy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malcy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 3:37am
Thank you all.
So now I've booked. Where am I going to next year??

It's an Island.
It has boat's
Ellenjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ellenjay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 9:03am
Lefkas?
Argostoli in 12 weeks!
ElaineK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElaineK Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 9:30am
Paxos?
I wasn't lost - I was just taking an interesting detour!
Wrighl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 2:22pm
Cannot be your normal Paxos homes Malcy (Martha's and Old Vineyard) as Thomson's have not released Paxos yet for next year

Go on tell us, we're all waiting to know your destination!
Malcy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 12:39am
After the big silver bird lands we will then apparently go for a one hour trip on a coach (Bus!)
Malcy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 12:53am
But then we have to go a bit further
JeffB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffB Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 9:25am
Skopelos?
ElaineK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElaineK Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 10:29am
Sounds like you may have taken Les's advice?
I wasn't lost - I was just taking an interesting detour!
Shakespearstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shakespearstar Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 9:48am
mmmmm. I'm intrigued. I need another clue!
Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life!
Helen :)
MartynG View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartynG Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 10:09am
Lefkas, then?

Martyn
SusieH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SusieH Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 11:09am
If it is Meganissi then you won't regret it!!!

Susie
MartynG View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartynG Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 11:13am
Originally posted by SusieH SusieH wrote:

If it is Meganissi then you won't regret it!!!

Susie
Oh, how true - a really lovely island with some spectacular views from Spartahori.  We didn't get there this year, but have plans for May.

Martyn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic