'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > General Corfu Holiday Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Airport Transfers

General Corfu Holiday Questions, Corfu

Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveneil Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airport Transfers
    Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 10:19pm
We are going to Sidari late next May with our 3 young grandchildren and I was wondering which is the best way to get to our apartments as it will be in the middle of the night.

1 Car Hire for the 2 weeks 
2 Coach transfer
3 Owners pick us and drop us off  (very old cars no child seats or boosters)
4 Mini Bus ( anyone know prices)
5 There is 3 children under 7 and 2 adults.

3 weeks to go till Paradise.              
Elizajay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elizajay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 11:16pm
http://www.resorthoppa.com/search-results/AR/NA_CFU/ACH/27-05-2013/0200///2/0_UKL/3/
Cheapest option on here is only £6 pp (one way), wasnt sure of exact dates, so typed in end of May (bank holiday dates), type your own in see what you get xxx

ps I typed in an early hours of the morning time for the transfer too x
Daveneil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveneil Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 12:15am
Thanks for that your times were nearly perfect 25th May till 8th June, thanks again.
Flynnmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flynnmo Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 1:53am
Hi Dave, you could try Sophie and Yiannis at Value Plus for car hire. We've used them twice a year for about 15 years, and they can provide child seats/ boosters. Car can be picked up/ dropped off at the airport. They are a lovely couple and both speak excellent English. You can contact them at info(at)corfucarrentals.com  Tell them your dates and exactly what you need and they'll get back to you with a no obligation quote. 
The coach transfer I don't really think would be a good option. If there are several drop offs on the way to Sidari, it could take hours. I would think the kids will be really tired by then, too. 

Good luck.  Moyra
Dennis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 2:21am
I believe the 'Resort Hopper' type transfers only drop off at a central location and not at individual properties ... which in somewhere like Sidari might involve a long walk.  Check this out with the company.

Elizajay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elizajay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 9:02am
I used them in Fuerteventura last Easter, and we had a door to door service. Looking at the website (under the section entitled 'Your Transfer') it does seem to state you will be offered a door to door service even if on the shared shuttle, unless the accomodation is inaccessible.  I found them very helpful and efficient, with text messages keeping me informed of timings etc.
If considering this option, you would be able to ask the question before booking x
Catha45 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catha45 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 10:56am
We booked through Travel Republic and it was Holiday Taxis that transported us, even though we had a 10 hour delay we only had to wait around 5-10 minutes and were dropped off at the end of the road (not accessible to a coach to the door).  We were collected again on the main road without any hitches.  I have used this transfer service a few times (sometimes it is Lords Travel other times Holiday Taxis) and it worked fine for us, although we were only travelling to Ipsos which is only a short run from the airport.
Cath
DAVID1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVID1 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 11:15am
Dave my inclination would be NOT to hire a car from the airport "... in the middle of the night". I have this vision of very tired children and probably tired adults as well. Let someone else take the strain of negotiating the roads to Sidari in the dark.

You will be in the ideal place to hire a car when it suits you -  Valueplus has already been mentioned -  and maybe using it to get back to the airport at the end of your holiday.

Enjoy what should be a fun holiday! Smile

David
This is My FAVOURITE Website!!

Missing Corfu!
Twinmaker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 1:35pm
Hi, 
Bear in mind that you can put booster seats in your luggage. We've got some that are the just seat bit only (no back) and made out of polystyrene so there's no weight issues. We've taken them to Corfu twice now without any problems and it's saved any worry and/or a few euros...!
Muffy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muffy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 7:18pm
How old a child are the booster seats for and where did you get them? I could do with one for next year for my grandson who will be 2 years 5 months, are they any good for him? Sorry for all the questions Big smile
Elliemay View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliemay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 7:43pm
Hi Muffy,
Perhaps this may be of help:- 

They say from age 3 years, but then also give a weight range.

Cornucopia
Of
Real
Friends
Unsurpassed
Daveneil View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 9:52am
Minibus transfer it is. Not cheap  £230 ish but saves all the hassle. Thanks everyone.
DAVID1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVID1 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 12:16pm
Good stuff but is that a misprint as it seems a bit expensive to me? Did you mean Euros rather than Pounds? Smile

David
This is My FAVOURITE Website!!

Missing Corfu!
Daveneil View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 7:43pm
Yes sorry. Euros
Kiki21 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiki21 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 7:46pm
We had a transfer for 6 of us, airport-Acharavi return, 129 euros return all in door to door
We chose the option for 'private taxi 1-6 people x 1' but it was a small coach that could of held more 
I did a dummy booking for your dates but just guessed the times and it came to 150 euros

Worth a look
Daveneil View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 8:54pm
Thank you very much.
Daveneil View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 9:54pm
I have just gone through the quote and it was 131 euros for a single journey and 260 return. I think the above was for single journey.
Kiki21 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiki21 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 10:53pm
Are you sure?
Did you choose taxi 1x taxi1-6PAX?

Checked  it again
The top one says Private transfer  1-4 Pax x2 130 euros each way (which could be what you saw)
The 4th one says Private transfer  1-6 Pax x1  75 euros each way ( this is the one we had)

Daveneil View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2012 at 9:41am
Thanks, I will try again now.
Daveneil View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2012 at 9:48am
Thank you very much as you were correct. The link took me to a part of the site which I had not seen before. I just typed it in. Thanks again Kiki 21. 

All booked it was a different website i was going on , all booked now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic