'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > Kassiopi
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Pool Or Beach?

Kassiopi, Corfu

Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Netsina Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pool Or Beach?
    Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 2:59pm
Hello

Having just returned from a Greek holiday am already looking to book up next year.  Went to Kassiopi a couple of years ago and its already calling me back.

Just wondered what people like to do beach or pool?  Was wondering whether to book a hotel with a pool or go without?

Look forward to your comments! Roll on next June! 
Frilly View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frilly Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 3:06pm
We like a villa with own pool and you can walk to a beach
Laineyt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laineyt Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 3:22pm

Where we stay at the Dimas apartments they have a lovely pool, so we use that. Personally we found that the beaches in Kassiopi are either rocky or pebbley. Unless someone can point me in the right direction I have not found a beach with golden sands in Kassiopi

Tank View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tank Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 3:45pm
We stay at Theofilus on Kalamionas Beach which has a pool and is only a pathway from the beach. We like to get in the sea every day but the beaches are a bit shingly to say the least. If you don't mind the shingly beaches it's fine to go without a pool but then again it's great to just walk downstairs and in the pool for a dip, isn't it?

There, that's me sitting comfortably on the fence isn't it?

Rich.
Weshamers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weshamers Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 3:52pm
Kassiopi as several pools you can use for price of a drink at the bar, I know at least 4 so thats an option, there are several apartments or villas with pools depending on you budget. There are several beaches, most shingle or pebbley, but I buy a pair of jellies or the shoes they sell there for getting into the sea. I like both depending on the warmth of the sea or pool. Hope this helps lol xxx
Live,Love,Smile,Be Happy.Every day of your life
Netsina View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Netsina Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 4:18pm
I quite liked the beaches in Kassiopi because althought not sandy were not crowded (well not in June anyhow).  Will investigate options mentioned.

SusieH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SusieH Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 4:29pm
I hate pools and I hate sand so the answer is easy for me

Cstem519 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cstem519 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 7:38pm
I agree with Frilly! A villa with a private pool close to the beach is the way we like it too. Nice to just sneak to the pool for a dip or sunbath early and then spend the afternoon on the beach!
- Connie
Ellenjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ellenjay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 7:43pm
I prefer the sea every time! I like to get at least my feet wet in the sea every day in Corfu.

Often we stay at places with a pool and I hardly ever use the pool. but sometimes it is pleasant to sit beside the pool with a drink...
Argostoli in 12 weeks!
Andyroogolf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyroogolf Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 2:09pm
Prefer a pool but the sea is nice particularly with it being so clear. The rocky beaches make it cleaner at least as can't stand getting sand everywhere! Playing in the waves on the west coast is good fun though
enjoy what you can when you can!
Davyboy View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 4:39pm
Don't mind pools but give me the sea anytime
Keep taking your, take a holiday in kassiopi pills.

Seaurchinbill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaurchinbill Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 5:04pm
We sometimes use the Frosini gardens pool which is quite large and has trees for shade. But our favourite is Kalamionas beach with its crystal clear water - great for swimming & snorkeling. And after a good swim nothing better than to sit with a beer or an icecream at the Venus beach bar and just take in the view!
SusieB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SusieB Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 5:52pm
I love a pool but just adore the sea, we really like spending time on Avlaki or Kerasia, both have lovely tavernas too, its just so beautiful on those beaches especially late afternoon watching the ferries and cruise ships pass by in the distance and the sea is like glass especially at Kerasia which is lovely and sheltered and when we go in October the beaches on the headland are lovely and quiet and there's Trilogia for a cold frappe or a spot of lunch could life get any better Cool 
A diet is too little of a good thing - Garfield
Sooz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sooz Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 8:51pm
Gotta to have a pool.  It's amazing as we have spent the last 5 holidays staying in resorts with the best sandy beaches in Corfu yet we hardly ever visit.  Give me a nice stony beach with clear water, like Barbati.  If not this then we confine our swimming to the pool..don't like sand in odd placesOuch
Sue
Corfu...I came, I saw, it conquered!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic