'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > Sidari
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Blue Sky Apartments

Sidari, Corfu

Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sooz Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blue Sky Apartments
    Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 3:30pm
Having once said I would never stay in Sidari, I am now eating my words and considering a week at the Blue Sky Apartments but I cannot find reviews for them.  I would like to know if they are quiet and how far from some decent tavernas and supermarkets.

Thanks
Sue
Corfu...I came, I saw, it conquered!
Elizajay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elizajay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 10:06pm
Ho Sooz, like you I have never stayed in Sidari, but I found some reviews on Travel republic which all seem good! Hopefully someone will come along soon who has actually stayed there Big smile xx
Sooz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sooz Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 9:25am
Thanks Elizajay, I did find the Travel Republic reviews eventually and it looks quite good.  I just need to be reassured they are nowhere near the noisy strip as we would hate that!

Sue
Sidari-ite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidari-ite Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 12:30pm
Nowhere near the strip Sue... a good 20 minute walk away at least!! They are in a very peaceful location so if you are happy just sitting round the pool after a day sightseeing without any interruptions then the Blue Sky apartments will be ideal...
Cannock Girl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannock Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 1:48pm
http://www.sidari.biz/bluesky/index.htm

Great pool. They own taverna across the road too, Dianne is Irish, Stamatie Greek. Lovely family very near Orchard taverna, flat walking to lovely beaches in Canal D Amour. Shop for basics 5 minute walk
Daveyhome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveyhome Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 4:08pm
I've visited but not stayed there...rooms are large and as Cannock Girl says the pool is great. There is a small bar there and they have a taverna with Orchard also nearby. You will find it very quiet, ideal for a relaxing holiday with just a 20 minute walk to Sidari. The beaches nearby in Canal area are good. You can also walk up nearby footpaths onto the Cape Drastis headland; lovely walks with nice views once on clifftop.  
Dave
Avva Mou View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avva Mou Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 4:38pm
If you don't want to go near the strip you will find the bars and restaurants in Canal D'Amour closer, 10 minute walk.
Ann
Sooz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 9:49pm
Thanks everyone, sounds just what we are looking for; we like it quiet and I do roughly know where the Orchard is (thanks to a prolonged coach transfer a couple of years ago).  Now all I have to do is wait for the Easyjet July flights to come outConfused

Sue
Sidari-ite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidari-ite Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 3:23pm
Should be out by November Sue x I am patiently waiting for August Flights too x
Sedgi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedgi Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 3:42pm
Hi Sooz how are you? Well we are being really brave this year and going to Zante, been saying will have a change but never do. I still don't get that feeling as when I  book Corfu but being nagged to have a change. Will I regret it well at least it is still Greece. You will love Sidari, have stayed there 7 times now, last year was Stema 2 it was fab, I would go back this year as apartments were great 2 bed apartment and great location right by Megali beach area. Missing it already can you tell. x  
Love Life, Love Corfu!
Avva Mou View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avva Mou Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 7:37pm
Keep your eye on easyjet. I booked flights for July this year on 16th September 2011, that was from Gatwick, so they could be out soon.
Ann
Sooz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 9:25pm
Hope so, last year I booked on 13 September via lowcost holidays. I have the easyjet page permanently displayed on my PC at work and check it every half hour or so to see if the July flights are available!
Sedgi, Zante is a lovely island. I stayed in Tsilivi back in 1990 and it was great. Stayed in Argassi in 2003 but not so keen! It's a great place to spend one holiday but not sure there would be enough to keep me coming back year after year like Corfu.
Sue
Sooz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 4:08pm
Still not booked accommodation but can anyone tell me if Blue Sky have either safes in the bedroom or safety deposit boxes in reception?

Thanks
Sue
Angela_h View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela_h Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 4:55pm
Sue in case youve not seen this here is a website for the Blue Sky I cant see anything mentioned about your query but there is an email address for you.

sidari.biz/bluesky

Angela

Sooz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 6:25pm
Thanks Angela
The pictures are better than on the lowcostholidays site; it looks really nice.  Now, if I can only find out about the safety deposit box?Smile
Sue
Angela_h View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela_h Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 6:36pm
Sooz ring them and then you can make an immediate decision and book it Beer I wouldnt mind staying there myself they look so nice.

Angela
Sooz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 6:42pm
OK, I've just read there are no safety deposit facilities at Blue Sky, so can anyone tell me if there is anywhere very nearby where we can rent a box for the duration?

Sue
Angela_h View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 11:49pm
Sue Im not very familiar with that end of Peroulades...I know a few at the end I stay but you would probably want to be within close distance of the Blue Sky, email them to see if they are able to assist though.

Angela
Sooz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 9:19pm
Woo hoo! We've bit the bullet and booked Blue Sky!  Will worry about safety deposit boxes nearer the time.  Now all I've got to do is wait for JulyClapClapClap
Sue
Angela_h View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 9:36pm
Ah well done Sue...worry about it nearer the time, at least you've secured your sunbed in Corfu. YammasBeer

Angela
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic