Hi everybody out there! Posted a message a few weeks ago saying we were thinking of taking a year out on the island and asked for general help / advice and got some really useful replies so thak you for that everyone. We've now decided to definately do it! Aiming on spending a year from September so we have a taste of all the seasons and life all year round on the island. Getting very excited! But would really appreciate any help on any of the following questions...some, probably all have been asked before but many have already been archived.
* Is it best to drive over in own car or fly over and buy one out there?
* We obviously need health insurance but mother (a very game 85 year old!) wants to come too, if not for the whole year, a substantial chunk of it...how best do we sort cover out for us all in the UK or over there?
* Could anyone recommend a good English speaking doctor, dentist, chiropodist and haidresser! (Primarily needed for mother!)
* Mother does need on-going treatment eg prescriptions and INR tests every 3 or so months eye tests every 6 or so would this be a big problem to arrange over there or would she need to fly home for them (she doesn't want to do this!)
* I'm coming over in a couple of weeks to find a place to rent for the year before we come. I have some web addresses from the internet, does anyone know of any others I could look up or addresses of offices that rent properties I could visit while I'm over ? Don't seem to be able to access the help on the Greek Urner site here.
* What is the best and cheapest way of transfering money over from the UK to the island on a regular basis eg: monthly sum?
It is a problem bringing mother!!! But we desperately want to do this...kids are grown up and independent...thought it was time for us to have some quality time!!! but can't abandon mum now! Has anyone else taken an aging but game parent with them on a year out??!
Any help with any of the above will be gratefully received!