Corfu Webcam
Corfu WebCam

Corfu Weather WebCam
Corfu Weather

The Travel To Greece Forums
   
  Corfu Travel Guide, Greece Paxos Travel Guide, Greece Kefalonia Travel Guide, Greece Corfu Greece Message Boards Corfu Accommodation Finder  

Corfu Travel Guide

 • Corfu Guides
 • Corfu Web Cams
 • FAQs and Help
 • Villas To Rent
 • Corfu News

Message Boards

Holiday Questions

General Comments

Website News

Greek Life

The Beach

Webcam Comments

All Forums

Forum Help and FAQs

Forum Member Pages

Quick Post New Topic

Private Messenger

Active Topics

Search Forum

Forum Members

Holiday Countdown

Your Profile

Log Out

 • Taverna Agni
 • Virtual Corfu
 • Gallery
 • Yachting Guide

Welcome To Greece

 • Food and Wine Guide
 • Learn Greek
 • Greek Life
 • Ionian Artists
 • Agni Member Pages
 • Property Guide

Recent Forum Posts


Other Topics
Lefkada Greece
Villa Chrystalla Cyprus Reviews
Villa Holidays Kas Turkey
Corfu Houses
Villa Prodromi Cyprus Reviews
Villas For Rent Corfu


276 people are viewing this web site.


stefanos

Chat Room

 

Print this Page
Site Map

Email Page to a friend

 


Thomas Cook Cancellation Policy

Guest, you are viewing the General Holiday Questions, Travel To Greece Forum Post New Topic Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Travel To Greece Forum : General Holiday Questions
Subject Topic:

Thomas Cook Cancellation Policy


Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by dlb65 on 15 July 2010 at 8:58pm - IP Logged Legal Disclaimer Corfu Photos
dlb65
Corfu
Hi Folks
I wonder if anybody can give a bit of advice regarding a sad situation we now find ourselves in. We are booked to come to Nissaki in October this year with another couple, the booking is made in his name. The problem we now have is that my father in law who now lives with us has been diagnosed with cancer and is going downhill fast, my wife (quite understandedly) does not want to leave him (assuming he lives that long) in what would be his last moments so we in of a bit of a quandry at what to do.iIhave discussed this with the friends we are going with and they are willing to postpone until next year if that can be done
Thanks in advance
   Dave

Message posted by MartynG on 15 July 2010 at 9:16pm - IP Logged Legal Disclaimer Corfu Photos
MartynG
Corfu
Not sure what advice you are looking for, but assuming that the diagnosis was not made before you booked, your travel insurance should cover you for cancellation caused by the onset of a serious medical condition associated with a close relative of any of the party travelling.

We once had to cancel as my mother-in-law was deemed 'not fit to fly' by her doctor as a result of breathing difficulties brought on by a bout of flu, after we had booked. There was no difficulty in getting our deposit reimbursed by our insurers.

Also, the Terms and Conditions information from Thomas Cook should give you relevant advice. It may be that the holiday has to be cancelled this year, an insurance claim made and then the holiday rebooked for next year. As it has been booked by your friends I assume that they will have to do the admin.

I do appreciate that it is a really difficult time for you and your wife and I can understand her reluctance to go away this year.

Hope it all works out for the best.

Lynn G (Oops - computer logged in as Martyn)

Message posted by Simmey on 16 July 2010 at 11:00am - IP Logged Legal Disclaimer Corfu Photos
Simmey
Corfu
I once had to change a holiday date due to an unforseen circumstance that didn't qualify for a cancellation refund, I moved the holiday date forward and only had to pay an administration fee (I think it was £50), if that is possible for you it may take the pressure off having to make a decision at this difficult time or at least give you another option.

Message posted by kenny boy on 16 July 2010 at 8:08pm - IP Logged Legal Disclaimer Corfu Photos
kenny boy
Corfu
This happened to us once and the insurance only covered our family and not the friends. The insurance company said that the friends either had to go on the holiday or lose there money.

Message posted by dlb65 on 17 July 2010 at 7:16pm - IP Logged Legal Disclaimer Corfu Photos
dlb65
Corfu
Thanks folks for your thoughts on the matter, what weve decided to do is take a chance and not cancel or postpone the holiday and hope that things dont get much worse before October or it could cost us an awful lot of money for a holiday we wont be taking, fingers crossed and heres to Nissaki
Dave


If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version



The Forum and Message Boards are brought to you by Agni Travel
Copyright ©2001-2010
Forum Site Map Agni Travel Team Agni Travel About Us me and tony

All Rights Reserved. No part of the Corfu Travel Guide web site may be reproduced without permission. Infringement will be pursued.
The Corfu Travel Guide and Lefkada Travel Guides are brought to you by Agni Travel.
Agni Travel is the sister company of Taverna Agni and also the sponsor of the Agni Animal Welfare Fund
 
Agni Travel Office: ++30 26630 91609; Taverna Agni: ++30 26630 91142
Address: Agni Bay, Gimari, Kerkyra, Greece, TK49100 Corfu