'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > General Corfu Holiday Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

First Time In Corfu

General Corfu Holiday Questions, Corfu

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leonieheyder Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: First Time In Corfu
    Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 2:10am
I am travelling to Corfu from Puglia for the first time with my husband and elderly mother in early May so lying on beaches is not our thing for this trip.  Please advise whether locating ourselves in Kerkyra for the whole time (4 nights) is the convenient thing to do in order to get a good overview of the island by doing day trips?  Or would 2 nights in town centre and two nights in a typical island bay be better?  Thank you in advance.
GJJW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJJW Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 7:15am
Morning. You will definitely be able to do day trips from Corfu Town all over the island, and will be able to go over to Paxos and Parga is you wish (even Albania). Long days but usually worth it.
Personally, I love the North of the island. We are based in Acharavi whilst over there, but if you wanted just a couple of nights in a bay then a place like Kassiopi would suit I believe.
Enjoy!
GJJW
Tangerine till I die!
Janpan2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janpan2 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 10:14am
How exciting to be visiting Corfu for the first time.
I agree with the advice given in the previous post, you would be well placed staying in Corfu Town to be able to do day trips, by boat or road, all around the island. That is, if you can tear yourself away from the fascinating sights in the town. There is so much to see over the island, from mountain villages to deserted beaches or busy harbours, it would be a shame not to go further afield.
May is a lovely time to be visiting Corfu. The wild flowers are at their best in the countryside and, in the evenings, the fireflies appear lighting up the olive groves. One of our favourite places is Old Perithia, in the north of the island. Walking around the old ruins of the village, under the shadow of Pantokrator, is very atmospheric and the only noise to spoil the peace is the constant drone of the bees. A couple of excellent tavernas too.
We stay in the northeast of the island and know the little bays there best of all, but in the west Paleokastritsa is very pretty, and there are lots of other places in the south which appeal in different ways.
I hope you enjoy your stay and, like us and so many others, you may find yourselves going back for more year after year.
Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Avrio Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 11:50am
I see you at visiting early May.  It may be a little early for boat trips so worth considering hiring a small car. A couple of days in Kassiopi could be good option if you are interested in visiting the coastal villages or Old Perithia as the local tourist offices offer trips. Look at Cosmic Travel in Kassiopi. I have never used them myself but I know they offer many day trips.They are online.
Beside the sea all worries wash away!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic