'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > General Corfu Holiday Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Ryanair 2017

General Corfu Holiday Questions, Corfu

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GerryP Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ryanair 2017
    Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 3:44pm
I've booked Ryanair this year due to cost and not the "normal" Friday/Monday slots actually Tuesday 15/08/17, question is it worth paying for the extras such as seat priority etc. This is a bit of additional cost 
Many thanks
Gerry Petritiboy
Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Avrio Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 5:27pm
If you are travelling with hand luggage only yes worth booking the extras as it means your luggage will definitely be allowed on board. Seats and priority boarding are cheapest when booked with your original reservation and can be as little as £3 for seat and £2 for priority boarding. 
Beside the sea all worries wash away!!
Joefish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joefish Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 5:33pm
Do Ryanair still do a free-for-all with no reserved seats?

The only time I've flown with them (to Denmark) I booked a legroom seat. Everyone rushed on together but a steward stood in the middle of the plane to keep the hoi-plloi off the legroom seats. No-one else was allowed into them even though most were going empty. That was several years ago. I'd certainly pay for that again for a 3-hour long flight as the seats are all pretty uncomfortable.

I much prefer EasyJet now that you can select seats in advance, but you do have to book early.
Joefish
Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Avrio Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 7:50pm
Much the same as EJ. You can pre-book seats and the remainder are allocated now so the free for all is no more. The newer planes also have improved legroom but seats seem very upright. Although I prefer EJ we have used Ryanair more lately due to prices and better departure times.
GerryP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GerryP Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 3:59pm
Hi Sue thanks for the info. I've just booked/paid for priority boarding out/back with seat reservation. Outward 2A any seat back total cost £24.00 what do you think? Is that good or should I get anything else?
Regards
Gerry
Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 4:24pm
You can update it at anytime but at little confused as to any seat back. If you have reserved a seat you should have been given a seat number on your booking confirmation.
GerryP View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 10:09am
Hi Sue I only reserved a seat out 2A left side and not one back just priority boarding. I always try to get a left hand/side seat out as I know the flight path (nearly always) so I can look out the window and see Petriti (sometimes) but always Messonghi/Moraitika/Benitses going into the airport . On the way back any seat will do (sad)
Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 10:45am
I also love the views as you approach the island. I will be arriving next sunday for my 1st visit of the season and am counting the days. I will be spending around 8 weeks on the island this year and consider it my 2nd home.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic