'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > Kassiopi
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Sun Cream

Kassiopi, Corfu

Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRYFFENDOR Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sun Cream
    Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 3:46pm
Is it possible to get Hawaiian Tropics in Kassiopi, also Nivea factor 50?
T.I.A.
Mannag52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mannag52 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 2:06pm
I've seen Nivea all over Greece, but suntan cream is much more expensive there than at home.
Kinninviekid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kinninviekid Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2017 at 10:28am
You can get your Nivea etc at the "Beautiful" shop in the village square next to Big Bite.
Bob n Rosey
Tony & Kandy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony & Kandy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 5:47pm
Hi Gryffendor,
Just a quick one but you asked about Hawiian Tropics Sun Tan. The "Which" report advised this was a do not buy lotion in 2016. Apparently Which found the SPF factor was not  as specified on the label.
Anyway enjoy the Kassiopi sun, take care.
Tony
Joefish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joefish Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 1:30pm
Every year I think to myself 'can I manage with just carry-on bags?', then I estimate the cost of buying 2 weeks worth of sun lotion, bug spray and toiletries on arrival (or even in the airport, where Boots' 3-for-2 offers are suspiciously absent) and compare it to ASDA's prices and figure it's cheaper to just add a suitcase and take it with me (at least on Easyjet)!

I've even seen small bottles from 'Hawaiian Tropics' in Poundland, and they have the lowest UV rating of any product I've come across. If they've been independently tested and come out even worse than that then they don't strike me as even worth a pound!
Joefish
D&D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D&D Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 8:31am
On the subject of only taking carry on bags. We are 4 adults (mum, dad and 2 x 20 year old girls) been going to Kassiopi for 2 weeks in June for about 10 years now, and the last 2 years have managed with 10kg carry on bags only - no problem. As long as you have access to a washing machine, it's easy. And we always take a couple of books each! You can take about 5 x 100ml bottles each, so we can take a fair amount of toiletries and sun cream between the 4 of us. Then, as you say, buy at the airport after clearing security, and also Beautiful in the village has a good selection of sun creams at not too bad prices. Other toiletries aren't too much more expensive than home. As well as saving the money, not having cases makes the airport experience so much easier. Try it - you won't go back to cases, I bet. TIP - if your apartment hasn't got a washing machine, ask the owner if you can do a couple of loads in their's. We did this one year, and you know how obliging the locals are - they wouldn't even take a payment for the service:)
Elliemay View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliemay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 10:32am
You can actually take up to 10 100ml bottles (total 1 Litre) in a 20cm x 20cm clear, resealable plastic bag. Mind you how you can fit that many could pose a problem. Lol
Cornucopia
Of
Real
Friends
Unsurpassed
Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Avrio Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 11:34am
I have been travelling with just hand luggage for many years and apart from when on a ski holiday would not do it any other way. So much more relaxing without the luggage check in and baggage reclaim. Next time you go on holiday just look at the amount of clothing you bring back unworn and you will be surprised how little you actually used. There is no weight restriction on EJ so go for the larger cabin bag size and treat yourself to priority boarding which includes an extra small bag and breeze through the airport with no stress - try it!!
Beside the sea all worries wash away!!
Deedee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deedee Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 1:03pm
I'm with Joefish.
I'd rather take hold luggage than have to do laundry whilst I'm on holiday.

Deedee
Are we there yet?
We've been and come back but we're going again.
Joefish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joefish Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 3:13pm
I need the legroom seats anyway (6'9" since you ask), so I take a backpack and my camera bag with me in the cabin. I suppose two actual bags would be fine for a week, that and what I could get in the airport, but a fortnight for me would be stretching it. Several of my shirts take up quite a bit of room, and I do wear them! It's in the evenings that I get through the most kit. But even my smalls are extra large! So I usually take a couple of laundry tabs with me to use in the sink if I'm going away for a fortnight.

Don't EasyJet make you stuff anything bought in the airport shops into your bags though? Or was that just RyanAir Dead ?

It's also a bit tricky to fit one of these in a carry-on bag!

Now I come to think about it, my suitcase is usually half full of general crap before I even start to put any clothes in it! I make a point of wearing my walking boots, but that's still a pair of day shoes, water shoes and flip-flops in the bottom. And that's from a bloke. I can only assume the ladies are planning which pair of heels they're taking before they even think about the flights... LOL

Each to their own, but then I know someone who insists on taking their own bed linen on holiday... Confused
Joefish
Frilly2 View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frilly2 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 4:27pm
We have been known to take mattress toppers with us 😂 Greek mattresses are always too firm for us softies.
Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Avrio Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 6:05pm
Granted the fin may cause a slight problem Joefish. Easyjet now allow a 2nd bag if you book certain seats or priority boarding but agree cabin baggage only is not for everyone.

Joefish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 7:04pm
The thing with anything like that fin is they charge for 'one piece of sports equipment' the same as a hold bag, even if it's relatively small and light. So you're far better off stuffing anything like that inside a suitcase and just checking that in.

On the other hand, it makes it possible to take even bigger stuff, so long as it'll still fit in one of those angled aircraft containers. I've seriously considered an inflatable kayak (they roll up pretty small), but they do even offer a price for taking a whole canoe with you! I wonder if that'd fit in the luggage bay of a green bus??? Hug
Joefish
Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 7:08pm
I did once take a patio heater in my luggage Tongue 
GRYFFENDOR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRYFFENDOR Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 4:47pm
Hmmm. Seem to have gone off topic I see.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic