'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > General Corfu Holiday Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Easyjet 2017 Flights

General Corfu Holiday Questions, Corfu

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElaineK Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Easyjet 2017 Flights
    Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 12:59pm
Last year I booked my outgoing June flight on 10 September and the July return on 22 October, but their flight release schedule is currently saying that early summer flights won't be released until October and end of June onwards until a very vague "Autumn 2016"! I wonder if they've delayed releasing their prices for next year because of the currency fluctuations caused by Brexit?
I wasn't lost - I was just taking an interesting detour!
Maizey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maizey Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 12:53am
We too are watching the flight release for early June 2017. Last year we booked about now. The website says early October. My friend telephoned Easyjet re flights from Bristol for 2017. They were vague as to whether they are even flying from Bristol in 2017 😱. Can't see it, but a concern for our friends.   Easyjet informed her the flights will be released in late October. We are looking from LGW and keep looking.

Not sure if Brexit is the reason, but definitely cautious somewhere along the line!
ElaineK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElaineK Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 11:15am
Spring/early summer flights are due out this Thursday 6/10
Mike and Aud View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike and Aud Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 2:43am
Thanks Elaine. Keep checking on here for a heads up for flight releases. We went June this year but next year we are booked for July. I guess they'll be out a bit later. We going away few days in October half term and worrying I will miss the summer flights coming out. I enjoy all the news and posts still on this forum even though its a lot quieter now. Audrey

ElaineK View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 11:33am
The website says that flights for 26/6 - 10/9 will be released in early November and 11/9 - 28/10 sometime in December. We go in June, but come back in July, so we have to book our return flights separately from the outbound ones

The schedule release dates don't seem to be listed on their main menu (I had to go into their site map to find them) so - here's a link
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike and Aud Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 11:59am
Thanks for that. Thats great. Audrey
Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Avrio Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 12:11pm
Just booked outbound but my return date not available as yet. Elaine you seem to be getting notifications before me so if you are advised of actual release date a 'heads up' would be much appreciated.
Beside the sea all worries wash away!!
JeffB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffB Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 12:24pm
Just booked for our friend - outbound from Newcastle mid June. Like you Sue, waiting for the early July ones to be released so we can get her home  LOL
ElaineK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ElaineK Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 12:39pm
Well I was up early this morning and sitting at my pc refreshing my browser every couple of minutes from 05:55! Didn't have to wait too long for the Manchester flights to get uploaded and our outbound cost was a couple of quid cheaper than we paid for the same flight this year

The website still says early November for our July returns, so I'm expecting them to release a firm date for them in about 3 - 4 weeks and I'll post it here as soon as I see it. I don't recall getting any advance notification Sue, I just keep a regular watch on both the website and their facebook page. I actually got an email off them this morning advising me that the spring flights were on sale - about 2 hours after I'd already booked!

Incidentally, after I booked I went on to both Jet2 and Ryanair to compare prices. Ryanair were almost 50% dearer and Jet2 were more than double the price of EasyJet, so it was well worth the wait! I reckon by the time we've booked our returns we'll have saved the cost of a couple of very good nights out
ElaineK View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 12:41pm
Driving down Jeff?
JeffB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffB Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 4:46pm
Yep :-) it was a one-off in 2007 and we have done it every year since. Its hard to think about being there without my baby now.

I do hope the £:€ improves though as the ferry, tolls and and fuel costs overland are a bit pricey, though to be fair, Paxos will always be worth it (I hope) 

Roll on June 17.
Big smile

ElaineK View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 2:08pm
Summer schedules are out on Thursday, so it's another early alarm call for me!
Joefish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joefish Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 8:56pm
Yep, saw an advert in the Metro to 'book tomorrow'.
Joefish
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 1:31am
Yeh, setting my alarm too. Aud
ElaineK View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 8:57am
Got my return flights. Quite a bit more expensive than the outbound, but I suppose that's partly because they quote in Euros for journeys starting in Corfu and we know what's happened to the Euro lately
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 9:13am
Been up since 6 . Not booked yet tho, bit shocked at prices , its like more than double what we paid last year . yes , guess its expected really with the euro . Aud
JeffB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 9:14am
Booked at 6:29 GMT just as the schedule was released for our friend Jean, she will be pleased 😎 For the return flight to Newcastle it was a bit cheaper than her outbound flight!
Good flight times and prices for Sunday's it seems.
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 9:29am
All sorted now, done it. Still a good price. 287 return for 2, but not booked hubby any luggage, ha.
Going to see what Martin Lewis says now on hols on GMB. Aud
GJJW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJJW Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 9:30am
Booked for my wife and I with the two children (might as well be classed as adults for the difference in price mind), and we are flying from Manchester on 22nd July and flying back 5th August with great flight times. Bit more than I wanted to pay at £1017 all in, but we expected it due to school hols and the value of sterling. Still that's May and July hols booked now so better start saving
GJJW
Tangerine till I die!
Joefish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joefish Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 12:15pm
6? I stayed up late but nothing was there, so went to bed. Ended up booking at 10. Bit more than I was hoping for but had to stick to either Monday or Friday (the typical charter transfer days) to get a good price on accommodation - which has gone up. Then add on all the extras for me for a fortnight (2 x legroom, missed flight cover, 23kg bags)...

Booking 'accommodation only' on Olympic gave me a good-ish price for 14 nights in Sidari at the Monika (great place) but that's up by about 1/3 on last year. At least this year the website lets you book accommodation only without throwing a wobbly.

If you can get reasonably priced flights to fit the booking period then it's cheaper than booking with a lot of places directly, at least up until mid-July, when the charters start to hike their prices a lot. Last year I even shortened the trip to 12 days and it still worked out cheaper booking 14 days accommodation. I'm not sure that's still the case this year though.

Paying extra for the luggage was a bit of a no-brainer this year, as the more sun lotion and pasta'n'sauce from ASDA I can take with me the more Euros I won't be blowing on the basics at tourist prices. And a second trip this year is right off the cards, unfortunately.

[Edit: Almost forgot - it's all-new ticker-time!!! ▼ ]
Joefish
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic