'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > Kalami, Kouloura and Agni
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Walk From Agni To Krouzia

Kalami, Kouloura and Agni, Corfu

Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruffie Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Walk From Agni To Krouzia
    Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 7:45pm
Can you still walk from Agni, going through Nickolas Taverna, to Krouzia, now that there is building work on the cliff top, also is the walk right on the edge?
Thank you.
Ruffie
Denjo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denjo Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2016 at 11:07am
I have not done the walk since last year but I think it is part of the Corfu Trail so should be open or conveniently diverted in any event. I am not sure of which 'building work on the cliff top' you refer.
I will be in Kalami next month and will advise on return.

Regards

DenisSmile
Ruffie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruffie Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 12:18am
Thank you Denjo, when we hired a boat last September we noticed that there were a few villa's being built on the cliff top beyond Agni and not having ever done the walk I wondered where the path took you.

Ruffie.
Canarydave View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canarydave Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 2:07pm
Have just spoken to someone who walked along this path a few weeks ago, no problems then.
Denjo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denjo Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 2:26pm
As I mentioned before I walked this way last year with no problems.The route took me out of Kalami going South along the coast to Gialiskari beach.Then continuing south to Agni-Straight through Nikolas Taverna.As you say and continue along the track until you come to  Krouzeri and the Nissaki Beach hotel.I continued a little further to Kaminaki but then breakfast called and I returned to Kalami.I do now recall seeing a couple of  structures being built but nothing to obstruct the route. Although the path largely follows the coastline I do not remember it being dangerous in any place,although rocky and uneven in places

Regards 

Denis

Ruffie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 11:39pm
Thank you both for your replies, will look forward to the walk when we stay in Kalami in September.
Denjo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 8:56pm
Just as an afterthought you can of course also walk the other way.Out of Kalami going northwards towards Kouloura.Instead of going down to the harbour carrry straight on to the beach.You will see a stone building and just by it the start of a footpath leading upwards.Follow this path to Kerasia and beyond.The furthest I have got is Agios Stephanos.Just thought you might be interested

Regards

Denis
Ruffie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 12:16am
Thanks Denjo, we have done to walk to Kerasia, how much further will it take to walk to Agios Stephanos.

Ruffie.
Denjo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 1:50pm
From Kalami to Agios Stephanos in about 1hr-30 mins.From the far end of Kerasia Beach there is a road to AS or else I believe you can walk and scramble over the headlands .I have not yet done the latter but will probably have a go on my next visit

Regards

Denis
Lily's Gran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lily's Gran Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 9:15pm
We have done the walk around the headland and it was delightful. Take lots of water and don't wear your white stilettos!
and Charlie, Nia and Daniel's Gran too
Ruffie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2016 at 12:03am
Thank you, we are going the end of september, so won't be too hot then, and will wear good shoes!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic