'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > General Corfu Holiday Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Marriage In Corfu Advice Please!

General Corfu Holiday Questions, Corfu

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xgvs Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marriage In Corfu Advice Please!
    Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 4:24pm
Hi everyone,

I have just joined this forum in hopes I can get some help. Me and my fiancé are looking to book a trip to Corfu from the UK around mid-April time. During our trip we were thinking about looking into eloping and getting married whilst we are there but there is just some stuff I am getting confused about. 

I understand that you need both passports, full birth certificate, certificate of impediment that has been Apostille stamped and everything translating into Greek. 

I am wanting to know what else you need and how we would get in touch with Corfu Town Hall to be able to actually get married.
I was looking into trying to find a wedding planner to help but I can only find ones where they offer the full wedding package like venue, reception etc.

All we need is help with the legal side of things, booking of the Town Hall to get legally married and translation of documents. Is there anybody/a wedding planner that would do this for us?

Also, does anybody have any advice about eloping? (Please no negative comments about family being annoyed cause that's something we already know haha!)

Many thanks in advance!

Gemma Smile
Elliemay View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliemay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 5:16pm
You could try contacting Anne Kantas. annekantas(at)hotmail.com
She does do the whole package but may be willing to help you with your request.
Also it depends on where you will be staying as I am pretty sure that Corfu Town Hall is not the only Town Hall licensed for weddings.
Sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. x

Cornucopia
Of
Real
Friends
Unsurpassed
Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Avrio Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 6:22pm
http://sallyjanepeacock.com/
Sally is also a wedding planner on Corfu but she offers different options. She works closely with Anna and between them they should be able to help. Good luck.
Beside the sea all worries wash away!!
Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Avrio Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 7:00pm
Gemma I have just re-looked at Sally's website and there are many different options - she will organise as much or little as you need. I met with her last summer as she is arranging a guests ceremony in my house in Kalami this year. She is a lovely, intuitive, lady and I am sure anything she offers would be perfect.
PinkFlipFlop View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkFlipFlop Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 2:54am
I too can attest to how great Sally Peacock is. Some friends of ours got "married" in Kassiopi, and the services was one of the most beautiful I've ever been too. As it happens our friends got legally married in the UK and had their dream wedding in Kassiopi. Our friends said the reason they got married legally in UK before the Corfu ceremony, was because they said that they were told you had to be on the island for so many days before the wedding could take place, there were only certain days you could get hitched in the office they liked, and it would be costly and time consuming getting documents officially translated from English to Greek.
Janmanessi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janmanessi Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 8:48pm
Anne Kantas is brilliant too.

Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 1:28am
Agree Jan but I think she works mainly in Corfu Town. It was Anne who passed my details to Sally Peacock as they often work together. Between them both you will definitely arrange something truly special. Shame that Gemma does not seem to have come back to the forum to check results but am sure this thread will be helpful to others in future.
Laura32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura32 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 3:27pm
Hi All, thank you this information helps me if it did not help Gemma. I am looking to marry in Corfu next year and after a lot of recommendations I will be contacting Anne to see if she can help. Thank you to all who responded.
Ianandiana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ianandiana Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 4:56pm
Hi
Having just got married (22nd September) in Corfu Town we would heartily recommend Sally Peacock at Key Island Services dot com to anyone thinking of getting married in Corfu.

To say it was a quiet wedding would be an understatement - just the two of us (ages 70 and 59) with Sally and her husband Nick as witnesses. Nick also kindly took photos for us throughout the day. Having left the decision to get married in Corfu until late, we just had the necessary documentation ready in time and had to request the FCO to speed up the Apostille of the documents which they kindly did - full credit to them.

Sally guided us through the procedure by email initially and then was on hand when we arrived in Corfu Town to run us though what we could expect. She met us again the day before the wedding to take us to the venue and gave us a tour of the town showing us places we would never have discovered on our own.
The wedding day was just perfect and Sally clearly has a good relationship with the Greek officials as she speaks the language fluently. 

We didn't really know what to expect on the day so to say that Sally exceeded our expectations may seem a bit contradictory but we don't know how better to describe it. It was wonderful, unforgettable experience and we will always be grateful to Sally.

We arrived in Corfu 18th September (having first been diverted to Thessaloniki because of a storm at Corfu), spent 5 nights at the Ariti in Kanoni - tired hotel but great staff - and the Friday following the wedding moved on to our favourite  accommodation and resort, Dina's Paradise in Agios Gordios.

Hope this is of help to anyone else thinking of getting married in Corfu

Ian and Diana
Lily's Gran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lily's Gran Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 6:26pm
Sounds wonderful and very romantic. Best wishes for a happy future together.
and Charlie, Nia and Daniel's Gran too
Ianandiana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ianandiana Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 1:13pm
Thank you Lily's Gran

It was a very memorable day, especially walking the length of the Liston with applause following us all the way from the patrons on both sides joined by, I think it was, four sets of tourists with their guides. We still burst into huge smiles when recalling it.  Sally knew exactly what was likely to happen but we had no idea. We just thought that we were going somewhere to have some more  photo's taken  - which indeed we were - but Sally has this knack of making the magic happen without you ever feeling that it has been arranged.
We  found Sally through this thread and are glad that we did, and hope that it helps some others who may be thinking of getting married in Corfu.  We did consider briefly getting married in Las Vegas and thank goodness we didn't.
Kinninviekid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kinninviekid Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 1:42pm
Rosey and I got married on 22nd September this year in Kassiopi Town Hall.
I had intended to do all the paperwork myself but after pricing it all up I realised it was not much more to get a wedding planner to do it.
We contacted Lorraine Young at Corfu wedding Planners as she has a home in Kassiopi but she was fully boooked for that month BUT despite this, she did go to the town hall and book us a time and then she would not take any money for doing it.
The reason for that date is because we had already booked our holiday for 12th to 26th and you have to be on the island 9 days before the wedding.
That, coupled with the fact they only conduct weddings on a Thursday, gave us our date.
I then contacted Andreas at Ionian Weddings and he arranged everything else for us and sent his agent from Corfu Town for a pre wedding meeting and on the day as well and she was great.
There was a slight hiccup on the day when the registrar was involved in a car accident in Acharavi on her way to us but she did arrive an hour later and was completely unhurt and the ceremony was so chilled, it was excellent.
Panos and Debbie from Apollon apartments took us to the town hall in their suitably decorated car and gave us champagne afterwards and would not take a penny even though we were not even staying with them this year!
The reception was at The Old Schoolhouse (3 Brothers) and a fantastic meal for 8 of us along with champagne. All drinks and a wedding cake only came to 100 euros!
No wonder its our favourite restaurant.
The whole village helped us celebrate and it was a fantastic day (& night) to remember.
At the end of the night we recieved the sad news that Yiannis Boutikos (whose wife runs the ice cream shop near the harbour) had passed away that morning but everyone kept the fact hidden from us so as not to spoil our day.
That is the sort of thing that makes Kassiopi folk so special.

If anyone want to get married at the Town Hall better be quick as its closing in the near future and being converted into a High school! 
Bob n Rosey
Alankeith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alankeith Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 10:31pm
Does anyone know if it is possible to get married on Acharavi beach as opposed to the town hall? Any help much appreciated.
Kinninviekid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kinninviekid Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 10:43am
Yes. Beach weddings are possible,
Bob n Rosey
ElaineK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElaineK Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by kinninviekid kinninviekid wrote:

...............If anyone want to get married at the Town Hall better be quick as its closing in the near future and being converted into a High school! 

Really?

Edit to add: Just realised you're talking about Kassiopi - thought you meant the Town Hall in Corfu Town   
I wasn't lost - I was just taking an interesting detour!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic