'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > Messonghi and Moraitika
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Weather

Messonghi and Moraitika, Corfu

Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ziggy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weather
    Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 1:13am
Hi, just wondered whats the weather like at the moment, its the worst summer here in Ireland very cold. We are really looking forward to seeing our favourite place next month, CORFU.
Corfusun58 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corfusun58 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 10:15pm
Apparently they have had some very very hot weather 100 degrees!!! We back in Messonghi 10th September, can't wait just really love it. We went to mainland Greece in Mid July the heat was unbearable so looking forward to a manageable temperature in September. Here in England we have had strange weather, 4 seasons in one day...
Gerry P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry P Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 9:22am
Hi Corfusun, my father and myself will be in Messonghi from 7th September for 7 days (Christina Hotel- Vasilis) been going for 25+ years! Maybe we'll spot each other?
Gerry
P.S. I was born in PaisleyCool
Petriti Boy
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corfusun58 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 10:08am
Hi Gerry P
Hubby and I go 10th September for 10 nights, maybe we will, its a small place. We've been going for 5 years twice a year now and love it. You must have seem some changes over the 25 years??? We were there end of May this year and it was 1st time that the weather wasn't so good it was quieter as some places hadn't opened up but was still lovely. Counting down the days now...
Gerry P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry P Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 10:25am
Hi Corfusun58 I/we used to stay above the Bacchus taverna, but now my dad can't walk up the stairs we go to the Christina Hotel and have a room on the beach. My very favourite village is Petriti and that has changed a lot! but believe me it still retains the "old" atmosphere. I've hired a wheelchair for my dad in case he needs one! so you may see us? My father always like to have an evening meal at the Bacchus at the far end (you get a nice breeze). Hope to see you, have a good holiday?
Gerry       
Petriti Boy
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 10:57pm
What are the rooms like above Bacchus?
Gerry P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 9:14am
The rooms are quite basic. Double at front with balcony, double at rear, a little hallway with kettle, fridge and basic toilet/shower. It is very clean and Yana's mother cleans the room's/floors every day. But it is the location/cost! sitting on the balcony listening to the sea and the tavern downstairs, people watching on the beach, and you can walk round this little part of the village as you know it is two parts. Been there 5 times so I know the family very well.
Gerry
Petriti Boy
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 10:06am
I have always looked at these but wasn't sure if they belonged to Bacchus. Is there a telephone number? If there is you could send it via a PM if you don't want to put it in the thread. We have stayed in Seaside, Ramos and the bungalows on the beach all of which have been nice.
Gerry P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 9:51am
I tried to link a page of the Bacchus but for some reason it did not "work" the phone number I think is 0030 26610 75301 or you can google taverna bacchus messonghi. Hope this helps?
Gerry
Petriti Boy
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 11:44am
Thanks for that. Not long to go now counting the days...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic