'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > Kalami, Kouloura and Agni
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Walking Route

Kalami, Kouloura and Agni, Corfu

Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denjo Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Walking Route
    Posted: 21 Jul 2015 at 4:40pm
Could any-one advise if it is possible to walk along the coastal footpath from Kalami to Agios Stephanos East. I would not wish to follow the tarmac road from the top end of Kerasia Beach but am wondering if it is possible to follow the track along the coast to Ag Steph.

Many thanks for any info

Regards

DenisTongue

Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Avrio Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 10:51am
Yes - at the end of Kaoloura beach near the derelict olive press there is a path which will eventually lead to Kerasia and Ag Steph. Don't forget water & flip flops are not a good idea.

Beside the sea all worries wash away!!
Denjo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denjo Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 11:22am
Thanks Sue for reply,
I am OK as far as Kerasia [the far end by the Taverna] Here there is a tarmac road which goes to Ag Steph to the left. I am wondering if it is possible to follow the coast to the right [skirting the Rothschild Estate] and find a track along the coast or along the beach to the village.

Regards

DenisTongue
Lins View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lins Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 3:45pm
I'm not sure there is a path. We were in Ag Steph in June and tried the other way round but couldn't find a path so walked up the road. Not too tedious, took about 15 minutes. 
If I'm wrong then I too would like to know where the path is!
Denjo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 4:12pm
Many thanks for input--will give it a go in August and will advise on findings.

Thanks again

Denis
Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sue Avrio Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 4:22pm
Past the taverna and follow the path along the road to Ag Steph. From memory you can follow the Coast but you will need to scramble over the rocks a bit in the next cove and when you see the black outlet pipe (from the olive press) look for the path that heads through the trees and meets the road just before Ag Steph. Confess I have not walked this for a couple of years though.
Beside the sea all worries wash away!!
Canarydave View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Canarydave Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 12:31pm
The walk up the hill from Kerasia along the road is a pleasant and safe walk, about 20 minutes to San Stef, quiet road too passing some lovely villas and the Rothschild Estate.  there is a superb coastal path from the other end of San Stef which follows all the bays around the NE peninsula rejoining the road at Avlaki, it has some helpful signposts along the way too.  A great walk.

Walked this route in the opposite direction a couple of weeks ago, starting at the Katia apartments in Avlaki, walking all the way to Agni, obviously taking in pitstops at San Stef, Kerasia, Kouloura and Kalami.  Great relaxing day.
Denjo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 3:13pm
Canarydave you have whetted my appetite even more and I will certainly be looking into all of your advice and suggestions.

Regards to all
Canarydave View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canarydave Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 7:39pm
You could make a day of it walking all the way from Kalami to Kassiopi, taking in stops for drinks and a spot of lunch, allow say 4-5 hours, then get a cab (15 euros) back well in time for a freshen up and dinner at one of the tavernas.  Heaven!
Denjo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 8:48pm
Very tempted--but on this occasion will be on a family holiday with three grandkids and they will not allow me so much time off. However a definite for a future occasion.

Regards 
Elliemay View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliemay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 10:09pm
Take the kiddies with you. My son loved all the scrambling over rocks. At least when you get to your destination they will be tired. Lol
Cornucopia
Of
Real
Friends
Unsurpassed
Denjo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 10:45pm
Believe me they much prefer to be swimming, fishing, snorkelling, waterskiing, horseriding and all the other delights Kalami has to offer to induce tiredness but many thanks for the suggestion.

Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic