'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > General Corfu Holiday Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help!! Which Resort To Choose?

General Corfu Holiday Questions, Corfu

Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alliematt Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help!! Which Resort To Choose?
    Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 4:14pm
Hi all, I have booked flights to arrive on the 17 July for 2 weeks in Corfu with my partner and son (10 years old).
I have trailed through all the reports on the different resorts and I am still undecided!  There are so many lovely places to pick from! We like to have a bit of night life but not of the Kavos kind, we like traditional places so not too commercial.  We would like a lovely beach for a 10 year old to enjoy.  Lots of taverna's to choose from and good bars to have a chill out in too!  Accommodation is also a factor self catering preferable.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I have always gone to Crete as I lived there for many years, but I am determined to try out a new island!Big smile
Elliemay View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliemay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 4:22pm
I would suggest looking at Arillas, Roda, St. George NW (Pagi), San Stephanos NW. All are family orientated and quiet, but you can find busier bars. Sorry but really only know the NW, sure others here can recommend others. Arillas really fits your bill but I am biased as I love it there.
Cornucopia
Of
Real
Friends
Unsurpassed
Alliematt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alliematt Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 4:30pm
Thank you for your help, I have not looked at Arillas at all!  I shall check it out now. I admit I have been looking at places that are about 30 minutes from the airport due so as not to have too much of a transfer cost and time! Thank you again.

Gerry P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry P Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 4:32pm
Why not "check out" Messonghi/Moritika could "tick" all the boxes ?
Gerry
Petriti Boy
Alliematt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 4:43pm
Thank you Gerry, I do like the look of this area as the two resorts are quite close to one another. Do you know what the prices are like in this area, for meals out including the odd Greek lager of course! I know some resorts are more expensive than others. And any accommodation recommendations would be appreciated too!
Gerry P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry P Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 5:05pm
Well being a "southerner" I believe they may be "cheaper" than the N.E. resorts? Try the Christina Hotel in Messonghi I'm staying there in September.
There are a lot of tavernas in both but for a good day out try Petriti?
Hope this helps?
Gerry
Petriti Boy
Alliematt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 5:13pm
That's great thank you Gerry. I will have a look at all those now. Wish I could book a month there and stay all over the island. I know I am not going to want to leave! 
Weststekker View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weststekker Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 5:14pm
Have you thought of visiting the west coast. A traditional resort with a good beach, lots of first class taverna's and reasonable level of night to suit most tastes. Only 30 minutes from the airport with a reliable bus service should you wish to explore Corfu town. Add to this some of the best sunsets to watch as you enjoy an evening drink on the beachfront. If this scenario appeals to you, Agios Gordios could be worth thinking about. There is only one big hotel but plenty or reasonable priced accommodation.

Yammas, Colin.
Your Wish is my Command Master.
Alliematt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 5:27pm
Agios Gordios looks great, it is definitely on my shortlist.  I have sent requests to a few apartments there already, hopefully they will come back with reasonable rates! I will let you know where I end up!  
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weststekker Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 5:58pm
 Have you tried Irene Apartments right in the center. Great accommodation and a fabulous swimming pool.

Yammas, Colin. 
Alliematt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 6:18pm
Thank you Colin, I will email them now. :-)
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 7:02pm
 I will be staying there in August, it will be my 6th visit there. They have a weekly BBQ and also a Pizza evening. The food is good and reasonably priced. It is a 5 minute gentle stroll down to the beach. The main street to the beach is lined with first class taverna's. If you like Mexican food as an alternative, there is a location for you. Lots of locations in the resort hold themed evenings, local musicians, Greek Dancing, Cocktail Bar and of course the famous "Robins Nest" for a late night drink & music. Hope that you get a good price from the Tonas family and they are able to fit you in. For a virtual trip round the resort check out   http://www.agiosgordios.corfu360.net/

Yammas, Colin.
Alliematt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 7:13pm
Thank you very much Colin it all sounds very lovely!  Getting very excited now for our holidays!  I will keep you posted. Smile
Steph5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steph5 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 10:56pm
Hi

I have been going to Messonghi for 15years and love it, the prices in the bars/tavernas are excellent, my husband and I get a two course meal with wine for approx €20/25 euros, the beaches are lovely and the people superb and so welcoming. We stay at the Kerkyra Island apartments, we book through Olympic and the rooms are really clean, spacious and excellent for self catering, they also have a lovely clean swimming pool.
Hope you enjoy whatever you decide to book.
Alliematt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 1:34am
Hi Steph, that's great information, thank you. Searching now for accommodation, I've narrowed the search to this area and agios gordios, not having long transfers for either of the two resorts is a bonus.
Davyboy View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 7:22am
Hi Allimet. You have heard about the rest, now check out the BEST. Kassiopi.
http://www.agni.gr/holiday-forum/kassiopi_forum40.html
Keep taking your, take a holiday in kassiopi pills.

Alliematt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2015 at 12:12am
Ha ha Davyboy! I will have a look thank you.   
Gerry P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2015 at 9:08am
The trouble is there are just to many beautiful resorts in Corfu, I think people "gravitate" to the one that they visited first time? It happened to me Messonghi/Petriti, but which ever one you chose I just know you will have a great time and when back home great memories!!
Gerry
Petriti Boy
Sedgi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedgi Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2015 at 9:08am
With 10 year old definitely Sidari. My children are teenagers now but this is where they were always happiest and more for them to do.

Been to a fair few places on Corfu since 1991 we are off again this year staying at Paradise apartments. Lovely.

Love Life, Love Corfu!
Joefish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joefish Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 12:30am
I would also suggest Sidari with a pre-teen in tow, though it's a longish transfer, and I can't say I've been everywhere. At least be sure you go straight there instead of a long and winding drop-off. Nice long beaches, low fairly safe but interesting cliffs to explore, nice bars and grills and a small amusement place in town, more traditional restaurants further out. The Orchard, out to the west, and El Greco, on the east beach road stand out. I've heard good things about Paradise, and can certainly recommend the Moussaka if not the rooms! For small, quiet family surroundings, I can recommend Monika and Jasmine (via Booking. com) Apartments off the same eastern beach road.

(Though my personal preference is Paleokastritsa, but its awfully quiet after dark of late).
Joefish
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic