'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > General Corfu Holiday Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Topless Sunbathing

General Corfu Holiday Questions, Corfu

Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Topless Sunbathing
    Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 11:51pm
Can any one answer my question? Can I sunbathe topless with tattoos and pierced nipples? Thanks.
GRYFFENDOR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRYFFENDOR Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 1:03am
Why would anybody object to tattoos and piercings?
Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Avrio Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 1:03am
I appreciate your concern. Topless sunbathing is accepted but I am honestly not sure of the reaction you would get to your tattoos and piercings if they were very extreme. Where are you staying?
Beside the sea all worries wash away!!
Artdonald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 9:41pm
Because she has 2 piercings in each nipples and a lot off tattoos.
Artdonald View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 9:44pm
Agios Gordios but we visit different beaches. They are not that bad 2 piercings in each nipple but a lot of tattoos.
Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Avrio Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 12:30pm
I am not so familiar with the beaches in that area I'm afraid. As I mentioned topless is accepted but you don't see many tattoos and piercings from the Greeks so you wife may attract some curiosity. Nipple piercings and hot sun - ouch!!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GRYFFENDOR Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 4:57pm
Its funny how people without tattoos and piercings are offended by those that have them, but those that have are not offended by those that haven't. Hope that made sense. By the way, I have many tattoos, but just because I am a male doesn't make me any different.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GRYFFENDOR Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 4:59pm
Bare breasts are bare breasts, whether they have tattoos and piercings or not, they are just a part of the human anatomy and nothing to be ashamed of or disgusted by.
JacquieF View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacquieF Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 6:19pm
I will always remember my (now grown up) son aged three wandering off on the beach, I found him sitting next to a topless sunbather a few sun beds down having a quite sensible conversation about whether she had forgotten her top and if she needed to borrow one of his mummy's ! Luckily she had a sense of humour!!
Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 6:35pm
I hope it did not sound as if I was offended - as I am not in the slightest. Just cannot recall seeing many multiple tattooed ladies in Corfu and therefore posting my honest opinion.
Sooz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sooz Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 9:54pm
It's not the visitors who may be offended; please spare a thought for some of the older Greek residents.

I, personally, have no problem with either tatts or bare breasts, in my younger days I often bared mine; but I would hate to think that I had offended any Corfiots by doing so.

All I am saying is please use a little discretion when sunbathing topless...at the end of the day, we are guests in another country and should abide by their wishes on the subject.
Corfu...I came, I saw, it conquered!
Lucylulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucylulu Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 5:33pm
I also have pierced nipples and want to go topless. Would be grateful for any info as I don't want pointed
at on the beach. Going to Benitses for first time in 8 weeks, can't wait. Lucy
Davyboy View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 7:44pm
I also have pierced nipple never a problem. PS. Artdonald. Is it I or she?
Keep taking your, take a holiday in kassiopi pills.

Janmanessi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janmanessi Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 7:51pm
Lucylou suggest going topless in one of the small coves, no problem there and plenty either side of the village- main beach in Benitses is alongside the main road and people don't particularly enjoy seeing anyone topless there - with or without additions!
Artdonald View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 9:20pm
Arthur is me and Julie is my wife with piercings and tattoos. Arty
Lucylulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucylulu Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 10:13pm
So can I sunbathe topless or not on any beach? In Spain I had no issues.
Werangels View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Werangels Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 10:16pm
You can and some do. In my opinion, where you used to see loads of women going topless, they tend to be far and few between these days? I could be wrong? Always, more in August, when the Italians descend!
Artdonald View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 10:19pm
Hi Lucy just go for it. I am, if they don't like it they can look away, its our body hun. Have a great holiday, I plan to. Julie.
Janmanessi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janmanessi Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 11:13am
The human body is rarely particularly beautiful unless you fancy the person inside it.  'Topless' sunbathing nowadays seems almost exclusively confined to overweight ladies - and this can be really offputting to others on the beach! 

Luckily there are so many quiet coves around that it is easy to find one where you can bask topless and relax.
Davyboy View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 11:22am
The thing you have to consider is the fact that undoubtedly there are going to be children around so go to the beaches that are well known for topless bathing.
Keep taking your, take a holiday in kassiopi pills.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic