'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > General Corfu Holiday Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Resort

General Corfu Holiday Questions, Corfu

Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedgi Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Resort
    Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 1:05pm
Hi looking at trying Kefalonia can anyone please give advice on resorts. We like the North of Corfu Roda, Sidari, Kassiopi. Not sure where to stay.

Thank you

Sedgi
Love Life, Love Corfu!
SusieH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SusieH Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2015 at 12:24am
I hate making recommendations

I loved Agia Ephimia but it isn't for everyone. Quiet, small number of tavernas, pebble beaches, supermarket and bakers.

It is wonderfully placed to explore the rest of the island!!
Ellenjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ellenjay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2015 at 9:35am
We are going back for our second visit to Kefalonia in about 8 weeks time.

We are going back to Lassi, we liked it because it is in walking distance of Argostoli.
Lassi is a purpose built resort, again not for everyone, quite spread out and some accommodation is up steep hills. The beaches are beautifully sandy if you like that. Some are very quiet, others more lively. We were still discovering beaches and walks after two weeks.

We hired a car for three days and visited Lourdas, Skala, Poros, Sami and Ag. Efimia.
There are buses but  it is difficult to do day trips on them, Kefalonia is bigger than Corfu and places more spread out.

In June we are hoping to visit Fiskardo, perhaps on an organised excursion.

I have given my experience rather than recommending somewhere.
Kefalonia in mid May
Holiday Countdown:Ellenjay has less than 10 weeks to go!! (That's in just 1824 hours!)
Sedgi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedgi Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2015 at 1:37pm
Thank you both for your lovely replies, much appreciated.

Sedgi
Love Life, Love Corfu!
Boskat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boskat Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2015 at 6:55pm
Been to Lourdas Beach and really enjoyed ourselves but a steep walk up the hill to the main road.
DaGreek View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaGreek Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2015 at 11:43pm
Can I throw in a suggestion? Lassi is very nice but a little large for my taste. Scala is also good with lots of acomodation and tavernas. Best of all I think is Katelios, a lovely compact village (purpose made again I think. Good beach area, and most acomodation is either apartments sharing pools or villas of varying sizes, As the area is flat, these buildings are dotted around the countryside for a mile or so, so you can be near to or a short walk away from the village depending on your preference. Katelios appears in a number of holiday brochures.
Good luck, wherever you go Kefalonia ia a great place - be sure to try the Kafalonia meat pie!
Colin
MartynG View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartynG Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 12:57pm
Fiskado for me - a bit like Kassiopi in many ways, but possibly more expensive (particularly along the water front).

My favourite place is Assos, but that is possibly a bit too small (more like Agni)

Martyn
Leelee36 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leelee36 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 2:59pm
Lassi has my vote. Great beaches, great location, a quick hop to Argostoli for a change of scene in the evenings. Some lovely restaurants along the main road. If you want some independent accommodation try Simatos apartments, they are between the main road and the beach so very convenient.    
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic