'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > Sidari
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Walks Around Sidari

Sidari, Corfu

Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizcon Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Walks Around Sidari
    Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 2:33pm

We love to walk when we stay in Sidari, we walk to Avliotes, San Stephanos and this year we want to walk from San Stephanos to Arillas. Any tips and directions appreciated, also is there anywhere to walk from Bavias area inland? Cheers all happy holidays x

Elliemay View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Elliemay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 4:00pm
There is a book called "Walks in Northwest Corfu by Lance Chilton which also has a map. I would suggest trying to get a copy of this.
Cornucopia
Of
Real
Friends
Unsurpassed
Carolox View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolox Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 11:40am
I thoroughly recommend the Lance Chiltern walking guide, you can buy it online from Merengo publications. I have done some great walks both from Arillas and San Stefanas using the map and written instructions.
Another good walk is the Arillas trail taking you inland through the olive groves and onto the villages of Magoulades and Kavadades (depending on how lost you get as I did doing it alone!)
Boskat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boskat Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 11:53pm
Hi Carol, glad you've booked. We are doing our usual month May/June and can't wait. We've had a rotten few months since November. The apartments look great, l think we may have a change soon. We are having one of the self catering apartments over the Taverna this year as we want to buy fish from the fantastic new fish market in town. Kay.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic