Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > General Corfu Holiday Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Last Chance Taverna

General Corfu Holiday Questions, Corfu

Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJJW Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Last Chance Taverna
    Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 9:27am

O.K, seems a bit of negativity around the current Greek political situation so a bit of light hearted fun.

If it was your last night on God's green earth and you were lucky enough to be spending it in Corfu, what taverna/restaurant would you eat in and why?

Mine would be The Three Brothers in Astrakeri. This taverna is everything I love about Corfu. Traditional, with excellent views over the sea to Paxos, amazing home cooked food with fresh ingredients, friendly and hospitable hosts, and very much accommodating to your needs.

We went with our two daughters and we cannot wait to visit again. The fresh fish from the harbour is to die for, and our hosts simply picked dishes for us, some that were not even on the menu. It was a culinary feast and all for under 50 Euros which included 3 starters, a salad, 4 mains, wine, water, bread and a little cake.

But, what makes this place is really that it is a family and traditional taverna, that sticks to its Corfiot values and hospitality. Oh, and those views!

GJJW
Tangerine till I die!
Wolfie308 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfie308 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 11:09am
We're visiting Corfu in April/May for the first time since I was there 35 years ago, so will be watching this thread with great interest
Leelee36 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leelee36 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 1:29pm
Angela's at Pendati for similar reasons to those above. Fresh home-cooked food from their garden, wonderfully friendly hosts and an amazing view. No menu, you just get shown what's cooking and choose.
Elliemay View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliemay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 3:51pm
Would have to be the taverna in my village. Mon Amour in Kavadades. Our Greek family. Woe betide us if we don't join them for Greek Easter lunch on Easter Sunday. By the way, that is the only lunchtime that they open as normally open just on the evenings. Let's just say that a very good time is had by all and they may or may not open on that evening. Lol

Cornucopia
Of
Real
Friends
Unsurpassed
Nardine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nardine Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 2:57pm
I'm going to cheat a bit...
Corfu for excellent food - Nausika in Paleo
Corfu for view - Boulis in Lakones
My very favourite hands down though is in Paxos - Nionios
3 'o'clock is always to late or too early for anything you want to do - Jean Paul Sartre
Leelee36 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leelee36 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 2:59pm
Just a quick question... isn't Astrakeri in the north? Can you really see Paxos?!
Bob and Wendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob and Wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 3:27pm
Perhaps there's another Astrakeri in the south, I only know the one near Karousades in the north.
Jesus wants me as a sunbeam. And a jolly good sunbeam am I.
GJJW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJJW Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 4:24pm
I, of course, meant Erikoussa.
Brain freeze I'm afraid!
Thanks allSmile
GJJW
Tangerine till I die!
Lily'sgran View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lily'sgran Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 5:20am
Mine would be at the Panorama ... fabulous views and awesome food
Davyboy View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 10:40am
Has to be ToKyma in Kassiopi. The food is first class and menu is a little bit more adventurous than the others. Fantastic views and brilliant service. What more can you ask on a warm summer's night in Kassiopi.

Keep taking your, take a holiday in kassiopi pills.

Wolfie308 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfie308 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 11:31am
Been looking for 'ToKyma', but couldn't locate it. Found it on TA...appears to be called 'Kima' now...I guess that's the one?
Elliemay View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliemay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 1:29pm
I believe that it changed from To Kyma to Kyma last year. If you go down to Kassiopi harbour and turn left, continue past Wave Bar up the hill and it is there on your left hand side. Kima is probably a misspelling on TA as there are many references to To Kyma and Kyma there too.
Cornucopia
Of
Real
Friends
Unsurpassed
Davyboy View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 2:29pm
I eat there 4 or 5 times a year the signs says To kyma of which there are two one on the restraunt and one on The Wave bar with an arrow pointing the way (Same owners). To kyma =The wave.

Elliemay View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 3:03pm
Thanks DB for clarifying, just that I was told last year that they had changed to just Kyma by a resident of Kassiopi. x
Cornucopia
Of
Real
Friends
Unsurpassed
Davyboy View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 3:09pm
It may well have Elliemay but the signs were still there in June/July last, will email Vasilis.

Elliemay View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 3:45pm
No worries DB, as I know where it is and how excellent the cuisine is I am not that bothered about the name. X
Cornucopia
Of
Real
Friends
Unsurpassed
Davyboy View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 4:01pm
I'm not either lol. One thing I am sure of Folded Lamp is no longer on the menu. x

Elliemay View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 4:39pm
Best one I saw was Lamp on the Spin at a taverna in Roda. Translates to lamb on the spit. Lol 
Think I prefer lamp on the spin, says it all. x
Cornucopia
Of
Real
Friends
Unsurpassed
Davyboy View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 4:51pm
Think they use Google translate lolx

Ellenjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ellenjay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2015 at 8:40am
I have seen a "Lamp spit"!
My last chance taverna would be Tavernaki at Kassiopi harbour. I like the people, the situation, and of course the food and drink.
Acharavi in 6 weeks!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic