'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > Kassiopi
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Help To Find A Taverna

Kassiopi, Corfu

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sally23 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help To Find A Taverna
    Posted: 16 Feb 2015 at 5:32pm
Well the weather today and the fact that it is half term has enabled me to do a day checking out tavernas for us to eat at when we visit Kassiopi in July. I have noted down some great recommendations in Kassiopi thanks to posts on here but one that I would like to visit is up the mountain - it's called Sunset Taverna can anyone give me directions please.
Elliemay View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliemay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2015 at 6:37pm
It's near to Porta. Martyn G is your man to tell you exactly where this is. 
Cornucopia
Of
Real
Friends
Unsurpassed
Bob and Wendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob and Wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 1:45am
Actually Elliemay, it's located above Acharavi, just above Monolithic taverna.
I can't think of another named Sunset on our side of the island.
Jesus wants me as a sunbeam. And a jolly good sunbeam am I.
Graham T-A View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham T-A Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 7:54am
That's the only Sunset that I know of Bob. Can't think of anything else around the North east with Sunset in the name. The taverna in Porta is called the Panarama and I can see it clearly through my patio doors as I type this.
Elliemay View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliemay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 8:52am
Yes, you're right. It was the Panorama that I was thinking of. Embarrassed
Cornucopia
Of
Real
Friends
Unsurpassed
Graham T-A View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham T-A Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 9:06am
Just remembered. There is a taverna called Sunset to the west of Sidari, a couple of km away from the town. This may be one you mean as it is well known for the views.
Davyboy View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 9:49am
The only Sunset Taverna I Know is in Peroulades. Most people I know call it that because of its magical Sunsets, but its proper name is the Panorama Restaurant 7th Heaven place we visit two or three times a year As Graham T.A says it's a couple of km past Sidari. This is a great place to visit.      I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong   
Keep taking your, take a holiday in kassiopi pills.

Elliemay View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 10:41am
Think that is known as Logas Sunset Beach rather than Sunset Taverna as the restaurants there are called Panorama Restaurant and 7th Heaven Cafe.
Cornucopia
Of
Real
Friends
Unsurpassed
Sally23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sally23 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 11:15am
The one I was looking for is used by the trip companies to take people up the mountain and then on for a meal. It has a patio balcony, one post said take the road away from the beach at Acharavi but I couldn't see it on google maps.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob and Wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 11:16am
In answer to Sally23's question, Without a car the only way to get there would be by taxi, no idea of the cost, and although I could give directions, they would be difficult to follow, and probably not the best way either.
As an alternative, why not choose an evening at one of the many beachfront tavernas in Acharavi, they all get a good view of the sunset with the islands of Ericusa and Orthoni in silouette. Taxi readily available from Kassiopi and back.
Bob.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 11:23am
Sally, on the map, look for the roundabout with a fork in the road that goes back more or less the way you have come, in 50metres turn right then follow this road signposted Monolithi and Sunset tavernas. There are lots of twists and turns.
Bob.
Davyboy View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 11:42am
Told you someone would correct me. http://www.agni.gr/holiday-forum/sunset-taverna_topic1278.html

Deedee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deedee Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 2:42pm
We took the trip with Cosmic a couple of years ago.  Its the 'Mountain Sunset' excursion, it only ran on a Thursday evening then.  They take you up Pantokrator first then to the taverna in the hillls above Acharavi.  The taverna has a very long name that I think starts with 'Il' and I cannot remember the rest of it.  I did not eat as I had started feeling unwell en route, Gary enjoyed his meal.  You are something of a captive audience when you get to the taverna, there are no easily accessible alternatives. Prices were around average though and it was certainly very pleasant sitting outside and admiring the view.

Deedee Big smile

Are we there yet?
We've been and come back but we're going again.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 9:12pm
Sally, Google Acharavi Map, expand it a bit, search inland from the sea, and you will find Monolithi Taverna. Sunset is a bit further inland from there. It's not marked individually.
While doing this search, I noticed how the locations of many places are quite inaccurate, very confusing if relying on the map.
Bob.
Sally23 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 9:21pm
Thank you for all your help. We have a car for the week to will be nice to explore :)
Davyboy View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2015 at 9:19am
The road/track up to it is very tight and bumpy but it's worth the trip. The last time we went up there we were treated to a lightning display over Albania.

MartynG View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartynG Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 2:22pm

Graham:

Just BOO!

Our next door neighbour!

Martyn
Bambas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambas Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 1:02am
Sally,
If you haven't found the directions you need yet,wait till you get to Kassiopi and ask in Cosmic Travel for directions. Not only do they arrange trips up there, but Mike & Vera eat there regularly and will tell you exactly how to get there. Be aware of mosquito swarms in July, but well worth the effort.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic