'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > General Corfu Holiday Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Travel Republic Transfers

General Corfu Holiday Questions, Corfu

Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davide Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Travel Republic Transfers
    Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 4:56pm
I have seen quite a few people use these. Can anyone tell me the difference between a "Shuttle Bus" at £20 for 2 return to Kassiopi and a "Speedy Shuttle" at £80 (Please dont tell me £60 as I can work that out myself!!) Is there a massive difference in time taken for the transfer?

Thanks
Weststekker View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weststekker Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 5:42pm
The shuttle bus may make a round trip to deliver customers to several resorts. You may be lucky and be the first one dropped off or with bad luck the last. I have used the service several times in the past and found it reliable. The scenic tour may take you through villages you never knew were there, part of your holiday experience.
I have just booked my transfer at half the cost they were quoting at the start of the month. I find them value for money.
Your Wish is my Command Master.
Houndman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Houndman Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 12:12am
Hi Colin,
Thanks for the heads up. Like you I use Travel Republic a lot for transfers. The prices today are dirt cheap compared to the beginning of the month.
Just booked a transfer to Agios Georgios South for £3.91 each and a transfer from Paleokastitsa for £5.02 each.
As normal we are travelling around the island again.
We have used their service for different resorts around the island and always had good service. Have used them a few times for Kassiopi and they were very good. They dropped people at different resorts all the way up the east coast to Kassiopi and were quite quick.
Davyboy View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 12:24am
I have used the shuttle bus umpteen times, if it go's to Sidari first it can take up to 2.1/2 hours to get to Kassiopi. On the other hand if you arrive late at night and there's no one else, then they will put you in a taxi.
Keep taking your, take a holiday in kassiopi pills.

Davide View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davide Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 4:09pm

I have seen quite a few people use these. Can anyone tell me the difference between a "Shuttle Bus" at £20 for 2 return to Kassiopi and a "Speedy Shuttle" at £80 (Please dont tell me £60 as I can work that out myself!!) Is there a massive difference in time taken for the transfer? For thoose who already replied in the General forum, thanks but I meant to postr it in the Kassiopi forum. I have had good reports about the shuttle being cheap etc but can it really take 2.5 hours? What about the speedy shuttle. Is that simply a smaller bus that goes only to a single resort?

My concern is our flight home in June is at 12:05 so obviously I dont want a 2.5 hour journey as it would mean a really early start

Thanks all
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weststekker Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 7:00pm
The transfer time is very much dependant on the time of year. Early or late in the season there are fewer guests and the shuttle will make many stops en route. At peak times there may well be enough guests heading for a single resort to make it an almost direct transfer. Most of the shuttle buses carry around 12 guests.
Big Alan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 12:16am
We used www.airporttransfers.co.uk/to/kassiopi last year. Took an hour up to Kass (only 12 on board) & about one3/4 to the airport as we picked up all the way down to Dassia & bus was pretty full. £38-00 for 2 people
Mine's an Ouzo
PinkFlipFlop View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkFlipFlop Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 1:30pm
It's Lord Travel who organise the transfers for Travel Republic, and we've always used them and had no problems. We go out end of August and come back mid September, and the longest transfer we had was 1.5 hours. I think (having previously looked directly on The Lord travel website a couple of years ago) that speedy shuttle is a maximum of 4 stops/drop offs. I guess it all comes down to whether you'd rather pay more to get there quickly!
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 1:48pm
Travel Republic have extended their discount period into February so still time to get some discounted fares.
Pam Ella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pam Ella Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 7:28pm
One question I would like to ask of members who have used the shuttle bus with Lord Travel is, do they drop you off at your accommodation or at a certain point in your designated area i.e. Dassia?
Life's a beach and mine's in Corfu
Davyboy View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 8:45pm
Yes and no we have used it a number of times and it drops off at all different apartments on it's way round but in Kassiopi it drops in the square and down the harbour, you have to ring them the day before your return to arrange your pickup point. If you are lucky you might even get put in a taxi has we have a number of times at no extra cost.
Keep taking your, take a holiday in kassiopi pills.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic