'
Forum Home Forum Home > Members Forum > The Kafeneon
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Sad News Today

The Kafeneon, Members Forum

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob and Wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sad News Today
    Posted: 17 Jan 2015 at 2:56pm
From the Grapevine.
I have just seen a report that our dear friend Alan Robertson, has died at Benitses.
His body was removed from the harbour by the fire brigade and confirmed as him by the coroner.
His Christmas card only arrived the other day.
God bless Al.
Love Bob and Wendy.
Jesus wants me as a sunbeam. And a jolly good sunbeam am I.
Elliemay View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliemay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2015 at 4:07pm
Hi Bob and Wendy,
So sorry for your loss of a dear friend. Have been reading about this on The Corfu Grapevine too. He was also friends with many of the folks that I know in Corfu. May he R.I.P. Heart
Cornucopia
Of
Real
Friends
Unsurpassed
Bob and Wendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob and Wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2015 at 8:46pm

Looking back to the times we spent with Alan, he came and stayed with us for a couple of weeks to varnish all our new roof timber before it was installed. Being Alan, when finished, he had to calculate the area of all the varnished timbers, four coats all round. Then calculated that it was twice the area of the house.
He came to UK one winter for a short visit and stayed off and on with us for three months.
As far as we now, he leaves a grown up daughter, unfortunately we have no contact details for her.
Some members may know Alan without realising, he lived aboard his Red catamaran Overdraght 2, many years ago moored in Agni bay, then later in the marina at Gouvia, and latterly Benitses harbour.
Bob.
Jesus wants me as a sunbeam. And a jolly good sunbeam am I.
Carolj51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolj51 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 4:17pm
Such sad news. First met Alan 22 years ago in Kouloura and saw him most years until recently.  We last saw him about 5 years ago sharing a bit of lunch with him at Agni. Then lost touch.  We didn't know he had moved to Benitses and feel so sad as we spent three days there last year and had we known we could have looked him up. Thank you for posting this Bob.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic