'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > General Corfu Holiday Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Resort Choice End Of October

General Corfu Holiday Questions, Corfu

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fenny Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Resort Choice End Of October
    Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 5:19pm
I went to Paleokastritsa for the last week of October last year (half term). I had a super time and the weather was good, but as a confirmed self-caterer (budget constraints!!) was lucky to be able to eat at all. Just about everything was closed and the mini market I used only stayed open for an extra week because the weather was so good. I stayed at the Belvedere apartments and was the only person there. The owners thought I was mad and they seemed to take pity on me, leaving me plates of food several times in the week. Most of the tavernas were also closed so if I had been intending eating out I also would have struggled.
I said I would never do it again, but here I am contemplating it for this year! Does anyone know which resorts will at least have a shop that is open until the end of October. I know I would be OK in Corfu town, but I like quiet places with good walking available. Not interested in bars or nightlife, and I holiday alone.
Tfg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tfg Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 8:02pm
RODA there will be at least two grills rooms open, (very cheap) a couple of tavernas (at least) and a few bars for snacks. There will also be mini markets open. Acharavi is a short walk along the seafront and is 'open' all year round where you will be able to access anything you are likely you need.
Werangels View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Werangels Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 8:45pm
Kalami is open until the end of October
Elliemay View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliemay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 9:36pm
Acharavi is the capital of the North of Corfu so there are always a couple of tavernas, meze bar, grill room and supermarkets open there all year around.
Cornucopia
Of
Real
Friends
Unsurpassed
Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Avrio Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2014 at 11:23am
Some of Kalami stays open until end of October but it is very weather dependant. Last year the small supermatket by the A&A stayed open until about 3rd week October, (very little stock and selling tea bags individually)!!! You will probably find Thomas' open but may be worth emailing them to confirm. 

The White House stays open until last guests depart. Agni Taverna often opens for lunch only and closes end of October if weather is good enough (no boat transfer but a nice walk from Kalami) Nikolas Taverna and Toulas will have closed. 

I will be there Smile

What about Kassiopi - although a lot will be closing there will generally be more choice.

Beside the sea all worries wash away!!
MartynG View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartynG Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2014 at 3:42pm
San Stephanos (NE) will be open until the end of October.

During the last couple of days of the month one ot two tavernas may close, but something will be open.

I arrive on 21st for a few days!

Martyn
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic