'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > General Corfu Holiday Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

OK

General Corfu Holiday Questions, Corfu

Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedgi Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: OK
    Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 12:50am
OK, so had 2 year break from Sidari after visiting for 15 years, the last 2 years have had 2 amazing holidays on other Greek islands with some amazing new memories and tales but still have the love for Corfu and need to rekindle the fire. Where should I stay and which are the best apartments you have ever stayed in.

I have teenage children who spent most of their holidays going to Corfu but to be honest we have all enjoyed the change. They chose the last 2 holidays and got to be honest enjoyed the break now it's my turn and want to return to Corfu but need to remind them why we loved the place. Idea's please on any newly discovered places.

Thank you.
Sedgi
Love Life, Love Corfu!
Kevbolol58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevbolol58 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 1:35pm
Each to their own, but the Kanali in the Canal D'Amour were perfect for us.
Great location, accommodation and hosts including the Aquarius
Sedgi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedgi Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 4:24pm
Thank you, for your reply. I looked at those as love that area and the Megali beach area.
Love Life, Love Corfu!
Joefish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joefish Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 8:14pm
I stayed in the Jasmine Apartments this year, out the other side towards the Tiflos river.  Very cheap and nicely kept basic rooms with good facilities for self-catering and a big clean pool in the gardens. The owners were lovely and always wanted to help, offering to drive people to the out-of-town supermarket for supplies.  At their prices you might consider letting the kids have a double apartment to themselves.

I got them through Booking.com, so you can pick your own days (rather than having to buy a 7 or 14 day block) so then you can take your pick from EasyJet flights and save a load there too.

It's a trek back into town or out to the Canal d'Amour, especially if you're heading for the Orchard restaurant.  But right on the waterfront you've got an excellent mini-market with home-cooked cakes and Sidari's oldest restaurant, El  Greco, which really is a timeless little place with excellent food.  And down the road out of Sidari is an excellent pizza/pasta place, or if you don't make it that far, an Indian and Pizza restaurant right next door to each other.
Sedgi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 12:20am
Are Jasmin in the Megali beach area?
Love Life, Love Corfu!
Joefish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joefish Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 3:28am
Yes, towards the (cleaner) Tiflos river to the East of town.  Not right at the end though like the Monika, from where you can hear frogs burping all night!  Just past the last of the restaurants, there's a turn with a telegraph pole and a patch of grass people like to park on.  It's a little way down there.
Janmanessi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janmanessi Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 9:54am
I'd try and explore a different part of the island- returning to the same place after some years can be a disappointment as it will certainly have altered (inevitably).  Think about Agios Gordis or Agios Georgios (south)
Davyboy View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 10:28am
Take the plunge Sedgi and go back to Sidari. after visiting for 15 years something must have been a draw, only you know what it was, perhaps it will all come flooding back. Then again theres always Kassiopi . Mind you I'm biased.
Keep taking your, take a holiday in kassiopi pills.

Sedgi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 10:53pm
Thanks guys, have booked for July next year, Paradise apartments.
Love Life, Love Corfu!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic