'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > General Corfu Holiday Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Dassia Or Barbati?

General Corfu Holiday Questions, Corfu

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ssultana Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dassia Or Barbati?
    Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 7:58am
Need to decide whether it is best to stay n Barbati or Káto Korakiána (Dassia). We are a family of 6 (with 4 teenagers) and will have a car. Any suggestions please? 
Catha45 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catha45 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 8:29am
Depends when you are going and what you like, are they young teenagers or older?  Ipsos has Planet Ipsos which is a sort of amusement arcade with games machines etc., for kids of all ages.  I have always found it to suit me but have only visited in May and September so not sure I would like it in the busy high season!  As it is situated on the coast road between Dassia and Barbati it may suit you, particularly if you have a car and can get out and about, Corfu town nearby and pretty central for exploring the north of the island.  There is some nice accomodation in the area up the hill towards Kato or along the coast road going out towards Barbati.  Have a browse on some of the accommodation sites such as Travel Republic and Hotels Combined where you can check out peoples reviews.  Just a word of warning, some of the maps showing accommodation locations are a bit iffy when I was looking for availability it showed two accommodations side by side on the map that I know are about 2 miles apart!!
Ssultana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ssultana Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 8:51am
Many thanks for this, especially about Ipsos. Kids are 11,13,15,15 and all boys so they'd love something like this. We are going in July and staying for a whole week. Many thanks once again. With regard to Dassia and Barbati I would assume they'd both have supermarkets/restaurants etc...we have booked a self catering apartment. Looking forward to this holiday Smile
Davyboy View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 9:05am
With children at that age Sidari would be ideal.
Keep taking your, take a holiday in kassiopi pills.

Catha45 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catha45 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 9:21am
Plenty of choice of fast food, restaurants, tavernas and bars in the area.  In Ipsos there is a biggish supermarket the AB which has parking at the rear and is over two floors so has a good choice of both local and international products.  Enjoy your holiday.  Cath
Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Avrio Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 9:52am
 I would go for Barbati as the smaller and quieter of the two. 
Beside the sea all worries wash away!!
Janmanessi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janmanessi Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 12:36pm
dassia is a better centre for travelling around than barbati.  presunmably the kato mentioned in one post is kato korakiana- yes there are some good places up there.  plenty of supermarkets- small ones in resort and big ones on main road to corfu town
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic