'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > Paleokastritsa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Best Beach In Paleokastritsa

Paleokastritsa, Corfu

Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chipembele Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Beach In Paleokastritsa
    Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 7:59pm
Hello
I'm not often round this way but I am after a bit of info. Usually when I go to Paleokastritsa I go to the beach right at the end of the road on the left before the road goes up to the church. Are there any other accessible beaches instead as I'd like to try something different this year...or, have I already hit the best one?

Thanks for any help.
Terry W View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry W Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 4:52am

Agia Triada is a small but nice beach, though can get very busy. There is a small taverna and the usual facilities. There is also a small swimming pool available so long as you spend some money on refreshments.
Steps down to it are opposite "The Greek Way" about 200 metres before the Paleo Inn as you go into Paleo.
Hope this helps.

Only 41 days to go!!!
It's all Greek to me!
Nardine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nardine Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 5:33am
Hi, my favourite beach is Ampelaki, it's at the bottom but you have to walk along the side of the Apollon hotel down a little track.
Nothing there but sunbeds to rent and sea taxi's so take your drinks & snacks with you.
3 'o'clock is always to late or too early for anything you want to do - Jean Paul Sartre
Chipembele View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chipembele Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 5:50am
Thanks. I think I know where you mean. Where the yellow submarine goes from?
Nardine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nardine Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 6:45am
No I don't think so, that goes from the port I think.
If you look on the Paleo Bliss website the opening page points out all the beaches.
You have the main beach to the left, then the road to the monastery, then the car park which goes onto another beach then if you look to the right there's a side road with some apartments and the Apollon annexe, it's down there, well tucked away
3 'o'clock is always to late or too early for anything you want to do - Jean Paul Sartre
Joefish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joefish Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 6:40pm
The beach below the Dolphin/Belvedere is short and pebbly, but with the rocks in the bay it's great for snorkelling.  There's also a well-hidden beach a little further round - look for the steps down opposite some yellow railings by a ditch that drains under the road.

Another good one is to descend the steps at the Acapulco and swim to the beach opposite in Liapades.
Joefish
Chipembele View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2014 at 6:15am
Thanks for your replies Terry W, Nardine and Joefish.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic