'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > General Corfu Holiday Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shuttle Bus Transfer

General Corfu Holiday Questions, Corfu

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ach1 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shuttle Bus Transfer
    Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 3:07am
Has anyone used any of the shared shuttle bus transfer services? We are looking at a short break in Kalami, trying to keep costs down and these transfers offer excellent value for money compared to a taxi service. I am happy to accept a longer wait/transfer but not if it's excessive! Any recommendations?
Davyboy View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 4:48am
All depends on where the other holidaymakers are going. We stay in Kassiopi. Last year it was up on side of the island and down the other side Sidari first then Roda then Acharavi then Kassiopi. It took a total of 2 1/4 hours Mind you we did have a face off with a delivery van down a back street/snicket in Acharavi.    Not so bad on the return journey just 2 stops and only 1 hour. On the other hand if you are arriving late they may put you in a taxi at no extra cost as they have done with us 3 times in the past. Enjoy.
Keep taking your, take a holiday in kassiopi pills.

Lily's Gran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lily's Gran Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 5:23am
How do you arrange these? Seem a good idea.
and Charlie, Nia and Daniel's Gran too
Davyboy View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 6:04am
Just go to Resorthoppa. Just done a mock booking for the two of us 3 weeks return to Kassiopi,  £39 for the both of us.

Weststekker View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weststekker Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 7:36am
I have booked my Shuttle Bus through Travel Republic. I used them earlier this year and will most certainly use them again when I visit in September. Once booked, you check-in at the Lord Travel office in the arrival hall. I waited just 20 minutes for my Shuttle Bus, there was just one stop prior to my resort. I confirmed my return journey 24 hours prior to my return. I was given a pick-up time and pick-up point. The shuttle arrived on time and I was in the airport in plenty of time for my return flight. 

Your Wish is my Command Master.
Lily's Gran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lily's Gran Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 7:53am
Thanks folks...really useful info.
and Charlie, Nia and Daniel's Gran too
Ach1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ach1 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 12:05pm
I think we may give it a go and will report back! Thanks for the info.
Weststekker View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weststekker Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 1:06pm
Most members know of the Greek word "Avrio". With the transfer through Travel Republic the word was banished from their dictionary!!!
Your Wish is my Command Master.
Tricia64 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tricia64 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 3:06am
Be very careful using Travel Republic. Last time we used them they just didn't turn up for our morning transfer to the airport. We were stuck in Kalami and only for us flagging down a passing taxi and it's kind passengers we would have missed our flight home! Numerous telephone calls (not refunded may I add) to their 'emergency contact number' made absolutely no difference to our requests that they send a taxi. Allegedly the pick up had gone to a different resort (even though they had dropped us off in Kalami 2 weeks earlier). Needless to say, we have used taxis ever since!
Davyboy View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 3:29am
Did you ring them up the day before to confirm your return and get a pick up time?

Tricia64 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tricia64 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 5:09am
Yes, we did everything by the book! It was their lack of interest and willingness to help that was the worst thing. We even arrived 20 minutes before our scheduled pick up - just in case they arrived early. There is nothing worse than being stranded in a tiny village with no taxi service - the nearest being Kassiopi but they were both out on airport runs! The guy in the emergency out of hours office was so unhelpful and wouldn't/'couldn't authorise sending a taxi for us. The only 'compensation' we received from Travel Republic was reimbursement for our taxi fare, nothing for all the mobile phone calls I made, which was a fairly significant amount and nothing for the stress we encountered that morning. Just a word of warning that things sometimes can and do go wrong - lesson well learnt!
Vatfall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vatfall Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 5:56am
We used a Corfu airport transfer in 2012 but I have not kept details. I would not recommend one unless someone else has given it a good report. We were picked up by a coach, transferred to a taxi along with another couple and then made to suffer being squeezed in this car until we got to Ipsos. We eventually, by this time having some space, reached Kassiopi around 4pm having landed at 1pm. This was the equivalent of another flight.
Lindybell View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lindybell Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2014 at 10:17pm
We tend to get a hire car... pick up from the airport and drop it off when done. I find this the best and less hassle. Not the cheapest, but still, we are very happy. I'm sorry to hear about your transfer troubles though. It must be awful, having paid, without customer satisfaction. Taxi is also sometimes better, even though you do pay that extra, at least you know that your going to get back and to from the airport, which is important.
I just love that Corfu feeling!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic