'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > Kalami, Kouloura and Agni
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Walks

Kalami, Kouloura and Agni, Corfu

Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dingojunction Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Walks
    Posted: 01 May 2014 at 2:34pm
Guys and Gals

We are off on Monday again YEAH!!!

We know about the walk to Agni which we have done but anyone know of any other walking paths we can take to other areas or just beautiful scenary areas?

Juz
Sparkletutu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparkletutu Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 4:51pm
Hi,

We stayed at Adonis & Asonitis Apartments a couple of years ago and we walked down to Kouloura bay. While there, there was loads of professional walkers having a break. Apparantly there is a coastal walk from Kouloura heading North.

When we return in June, I'm hoping to investigate this more. We also did the walk to Agni bay and was totally exhausted when we got back! Further than I expected! 

Hope thats a little help to you.

Smile
Bob and Wendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob and Wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 8:06am
Sparkletutu, the walkers are dropped off somewhere south of Kalami, they walk the coast path as far north as San Stephanos where they get picked up again and taken on somewhere else. I've never thought to ask them as they pass through S/S. Sometimes they continue round the Emiritis headland to Avlaki.
Bob.
Jesus wants me as a sunbeam. And a jolly good sunbeam am I.
Sidneylarkin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidneylarkin Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 8:28am
From Kouloura you can walk down to the beach and pick up a path that follows up on top of the cliffs. From here you just keep going till you come to Kerasia, a long beach with a taverna. Follow the only road out takes you to Ag Stefanos which has several tavernas and a lovely harbour. From there, and if you fancy it, it's a walk up the steep road where after a short time you come to a signpost for Kassiopi. You turn off here and keep going till you hit the main road, turn right and follow down into Kassiopi itself. All-in-all it's about a 2 1/2 hour walk and my wife and I have done it a few times. Best to do it in the morning when the sun's not too hot, then get the bus back. But if you want you can just walk to Kerasia, have lunch then return which is about 45 minutes each way.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob and Wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 11:11am
Sidney, you can do a lot of your walk off road, for instance at the end of Kerasia beach just past the taverna follow the path over the rocks that goes round the headland then back onto the road to San Stephanos, through S/S as you say, then walk to the end of the beach where you pick up the path that goes round Erimitis, magical bathing opportunities round this headland normally only reached by boat, and finishes on Avlaki beach, follow the beach road out of Avlaki, past the 3 boat storage yards on your left take the lane on your right opposite North Corfu Boats yard, (the second boat yard) to Coyavinos beach, follow this beach at the end of which is a track into Kassiopi, not easy to find, but more interesting than following the road. Not for flip-flop wearers, but generally OK for sandals.
Bob.
Sparkletutu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparkletutu Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 3:59pm
Some really interesting info, thanks Bob and Wendy and Sydneylarkin. I can't wait to get back to paradise and do a bit of walking there in June. I just need to get some good walking shoes!
Dingojunction View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dingojunction Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 12:43am
Thanks for above info, currently sat on balcony at A&A having morning coffee and then we are off to take the walk above going north Smile
Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Avrio Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 1:43am

Kalami – Agni Bay – Kaminaki

Walk through Kalami and past the White House, keep left and follow the road through the olive grove, past the fenced off allotment and down to Yaliscari Bay. Continue along the shore and over the rocks and you will find that the narrow path will emerge onto Agni Beach. At the far end of Agni beach you will have to walk through Taverna Nikolas (he is used to this) and past the lovely stone house towards the tiny Chapel of Ag. Arsenious.  Continue along the path to the Nissaki Beach Hotel through the grounds and down to Krouzeri beach. At the far end of the beach the path continues through the olives groves to Kamanaki and lunch before enquiring if there is a boat taxi to take you back to Kalami.

Beside the sea all worries wash away!!
WeeMinx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeMinx Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 4:57am
Hi Sue Avrio, how long does it take to walk from Kalami to Krouzeri Beach as this is one we have not done yet.  We have walked to Kassiopi and that took around 1 hour 30 minutes.  Can I assume it is on par with this?

Thanks, Annie 
Once seen, never forgotten!
Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Avrio Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 6:28am
Maybe a little quicker than walking to Kassiopi but only just.
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 11:25am
Yeaah we are back from our walk to Ag. Stefanos, walk overgrown with lots of spring flowers but all very lovely and picturesque. Well deserved Mythos at Kaparelli Taverna along with a fantastic lunch before long back back Smile
Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 1:30pm
I would imagine the walk to Kalamaki would also be very overgrown but if you make it let us know.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 2:02pm
Sue, do you mean Kaminaki not Kalamaki?
Kalamaki is in Apraos Bay isn't it? Nice shallow sandy beach though.
Bob
Corfu Dreamer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corfu Dreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 3:35pm
Glad you had a good walk and that the flowers were lovely. Later in the season the paths get strimmed, but it might be too early for that, so they will be overgrown. Fine if you have closed/strong shoes but not recommended in flip flops! 
Corfu Dreamer
Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2014 at 1:50am
Whoops Bob - Kaminaki. Nice walk though!!
WeeMinx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeMinx Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2014 at 4:25am
Thanks for that Sue and thanks all for the updates! Smile

Annie
Once seen, never forgotten!
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 2:04pm
Thanks Sue we did our walk to Nissaki today, had to stop on way through Nikolas for lunch, we'll it would be rude not to Smile and then stopped for drinks on his loungers on way back through. Great walk but was very hot today so hard going at points. But we managed it and loved the experience.

Juz
Mike The Mover View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike The Mover Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 6:40am
Yes there are some cracking walks both North and South out of Kalami but be aware after Kerasia going North I do not think it wise to go the rocky headland path as the property belongs to the Rothchilds and I think that way is discouraged.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic