'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > General Corfu Holiday Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Which Other Resort/Area

General Corfu Holiday Questions, Corfu

Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacquieF Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which Other Resort/Area
    Posted: 18 Feb 2014 at 5:06pm
Hi, we (eldest daughter and I) are thinking about heading out to Corfu a week or so before the rest of the family. I would happily spend the whole time in Kassiopi but she would like to stay somewhere else - we have a limited budget - any suggestions?  Reasonably accessible as we won't have a car, not too busy, scenic, relaxing? Thanks
Kinninviekid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kinninviekid Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2014 at 5:21pm
Kavos?
Bob n Rosey
Joefish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joefish Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2014 at 9:48pm
Paleokastritsa, obviously.  Best scenery there is.
Failing that, take the ferry to Paxos for a bit.
Elliemay View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliemay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 12:02am
Arillas on the NW coast.
Cornucopia
Of
Real
Friends
Unsurpassed
Carolox View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolox Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 3:28am
I have been to Corfu twice with my eldest daughter who was 22 and 23 at the time, again without the rest of my family.
We also wanted somewhere not busy, scenic and accessable and I think I chose wisely both times. The first year we stayed at Nissaki sea view in Nissaki, beautiful little bay with three tavernas to choose from, but you can also get very reasonable priced food from the Sea View itself. It has a lovely pool in gorgeous gardens and all the rooms and terrace have sea views looking over to Corfu Town.
You can book directly with Emilios from their website.
Another good thing it is on the bus route from Corfu Town to Kassiopi so you can easy go for days out.

The following year we went to Liapades and stared at Villa Papoulas, but if you want to be down on the beach there is Liapades Beach Hotel, both can be booked independantly.
Very similar feel to Nissaki with a few tavernas and you have the added bonus of walking upto the old village where they have a couple of grill rooms.
Buses take you to Paleokastritsa or Corfu Town and are very regular, but you can walk to Paleo and other villages from there.

Also if you like walking through olive groves and getting lost...as I did many times!, both resorts cover bits of the Corfu Trail.

Hope this helps you to choose somewhere.

Carol
Kinninviekid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kinninviekid Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 3:45am
They both sound lovely Carol..
OK forget KavosWink
Bob n Rosey
Flynnmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flynnmo Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 7:03am
Hi Kinninviekid, naughty (boy?) suggesting Kavos in the first place! Wink  

Weststekker View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weststekker Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 7:34am
 How agout Agios Gordios, laid back with good bus connections to Corfu town. Check out their 360 degree tour.
Your Wish is my Command Master.
JacquieF View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacquieF Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 8:34am
Thanks. We know some of those places as we usually hire a car for the two weeks. Suggested Kavos to her, tongue in cheek before, said we could go clubbing together like they do on the telly. She didn't even answer, just gave me one of those looks!!
Janmanessi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janmanessi Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2014 at 5:14am
Liapades sounds a great idea- Agios Gordis is so commercial- fine if you want a lively atmosphere though.  Also Paxos, I love that island, or be really adventurous and go to Zagoria on the mainland- magical
Bob and Wendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob and Wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2014 at 6:02am
Shush Janmanessi!!
We've been wanting to go to the Zagoria and the Vikos Gorge for years but at last we made it last autumn, can't wait to see some more. Bit scary at times as I'm not good with heights.
Bob
Jesus wants me as a sunbeam. And a jolly good sunbeam am I.
Janmanessi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janmanessi Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2014 at 6:40am
I love it over there, and have been known to go all the way just to have lunch and get a 'fix' of the atmosphere!  Luckily apart from some dedicated visitors (mainly German) it is not a 'high summer' destination because of the heat- although there is a wonderful natural swimming pool at Papingo!
Nardine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nardine Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2014 at 7:54am
Paleo & Paxos get my vote.
Paleo will keep you occupied for a week, 5 or 6 beaches, plenty of Taverna's, boat trips around the area, aquarium, monastary, Lakones village, Angelo Kastro.
Paxos will keep you chilled for a week, you might not want to leave though... Wink
3 'o'clock is always to late or too early for anything you want to do - Jean Paul Sartre
JacquieF View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2014 at 6:16pm
We visited Paleo - I think we may have gone to the wrong part in our short visit as I wasn't that impressed and everyone raves about it - monastery and views were amazing but the beach we went to (near the cafe/restaraunt that "sticks out") was crowded and narrow ...
Nardine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nardine Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2014 at 3:25am
Hi Jacquie
The bottom end by the Monastary is busy, it's where all the coaches drop off, there are two other beaches down that end, one across the carpark and one down a little side road by the Apollon hotel, they're both a lot smalleer but much quieter.
Check out the Paleokastritsa Bliss web site and have a "stroll" around, the home page also points out where the other beaches are, they're spread out along the coastal road.
We're booked up again for June and I'm really looking forward to it Smile
3 'o'clock is always to late or too early for anything you want to do - Jean Paul Sartre
Simmey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simmey Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2014 at 3:14am
I love Kassiopi and have been loads of times, last year we decided to try another resort and went to St George South, we loved it so much we went back later in the year and are going again this year, it isn't as pretty as Kassiopi but they have sandy beaches and the food is even better than Kassiopi, it was also cheaper in the bars and restaurants.
Sooz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sooz Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 1:58pm
I would second St George South. We've been visiting there since 2008 and even when we've stayed in the north of the island have to spend at least a day down south. Definitely cheaper than Kassiopi and the other nearby resorts. The surrounding beaches are fantastic and the people the most friendly I have come across.

Sue
Corfu...I came, I saw, it conquered!
Cairocuz1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cairocuz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 3:09pm
Moraitika and Messonghi are both lovely places, with some lovely views and walks and some excellent tavernas.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic