'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > Paleokastritsa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Apartment Locations

Paleokastritsa, Corfu

Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nardine Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apartment Locations
    Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 3:44pm
Hi everyone
Looking around for a cheap deal to Paleo this year, can you help me with locations etc?

We stayed at The Belvedere last year and I quite liked that spot as we were in the middle, we may very well go back there for the right price.

Does anyone know the name of the apartments that sit behind Paleo Inn? I spotted them last year. Speaking of Paleo Inn there's a good deal with Thomson's but it appears they don't have any cooking facilities, is that right?

Does anyone know the name of the apartments past Apollon annexe towards Ampelaki beach?

The majority of apartments I seem to find on main websites seem to be near the top which I'm not keen on mainly because Ampelaki was our favourite beach Smile.

Any tips on good places and which websites to book them on are greatfully accepted.

3 'o'clock is always to late or too early for anything you want to do - Jean Paul Sartre
DCV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCV Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 1:29am
Could it be villa Fiorita next to Paleo Inn?
Carolox View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolox Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 2:55pm
Hi Nardine,
I have just booked the Rhea apartments which look to be in a nice location above Agia Triada beach,so must be nearer the middle further down than Belvedere I think.
The website is Marilena apartments as they are owned by the same family and both have great reviews. Have a look and see what you think.
Houndman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Houndman Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 9:31pm
Hi Nardine,

What dates are you thinking about going, as you get some good deals in May/June and September/October. Also, what do you want. eg: a pool and bar at your apartment or just an apartment.
Here is a list of companies you can look at, but you may  have looked at them already.
Hotels4u, Monarch, Booking.com(they have lots on their books), Paleokastritsa.biz and Travel Republic etc.
The Paleo Inn is B&B and I agree with DCV about the apartments next door/behind them.
Just up from them and next door to the supermarket is the Taxi Driver apartments which get good reviews.

Hope you get something sorted.

Kind Regards
Tom and Marion
Nardine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nardine Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 1:08pm
Hi everyone, thanks for replies.
We're looking to go mid June or mid September, goes to show that I needed the advice as I though the Rhea apartments were near the top.
Keep it coming guys! Wink
3 'o'clock is always to late or too early for anything you want to do - Jean Paul Sartre
Nardine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 1:15pm
P.S we're after the works I think, pool, bar, kitchen/ette in the room. Could live without a pool. We're happy with 2 star and above
Houndman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Houndman Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 2:06pm
Hi Carolox,

The Rhea apartments are right in the middle of Paleo. You go up the wee road at the Unlimit bar heading towards Angel's pool bar apartments and they are 50 yards past on the right. Great location and very nice apartments.

We are next door at the Felicita-Balis for Easter and will be in the Maria Studios along from the Unlimit bar in June.

Enjoy

Tom and Marion
Jance View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jance Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 7:58pm
Hi Nardine,
We went to Paleo for the first time last year and fell in love with the place. You REALLY must look at Villa Anthoussa just across the road from Petrinos bar, down the nice drive. Very big rooms with kitchen area. Lovely garden with BBQ, No pool but can use Paleo Inn across the road and it does have access to a small almost private beach. Well worth a look and not expensive at all. We are going back in June. Good look. x
Nardine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 11:29am
Thanks guys, oooh all the places to look at, makes me all excited.
What's it like in June? We went in September last year and found the evenings really quiet whilst out & about, 9pm seemed the latest you could go into a Taverna without it being dead and ready to close, not that I really mind so much but it's nice to have the option to take a bit more time.
Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Avrio Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 2:03pm
If you went towards the end of September you will find it much the same. 
Beside the sea all worries wash away!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic