'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > Kassiopi
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Apartment 1 Night - High Season?

Kassiopi, Corfu

Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marietot Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apartment 1 Night - High Season?
    Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 9:41pm
Hi all,

I am trying to book a return holiday to Corfu for the summer holidays next year, but flights seem so expensive (restricted to school holidays). I have found great flights Sun-Sun, but the villa I want runs Monday-Monday. This would be for 2 weeks and would work out cheaper for us to use the Sun-Sun, but would need SC apartment/hotel accommodation for one night only (day of arrival) & leave the villa a day early (this would be so difficult to do, we always want to extend a holiday, knowing we had paid an extra day's accommodation would be heart breaking, but if it is the only way we can budget for this return trip to Corfu, it would still be 14 days of pure bliss I'm sure!). In high season would this be feasible?

We fell in love with Corfu last year and would love to return, but Cyprus is much cheaper villa wise. This could possibly be the only way we could manage to return.

Anyone any experience of one night in SC only? Would hate to put owners to effort which meant it wasn't worth it for them.

Thanks very much.

Bob and Wendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bob and Wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 9:59pm
Why not treat yourself to a night in an hotel in Corfu Town before making your way up to Kassiopi.
Have a look at bookings.com we use them all over Europe with good results.
Bob.
Jesus wants me as a sunbeam. And a jolly good sunbeam am I.
Marietot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marietot Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 10:37pm
Thanks Bob, I hadn't thought of staying elsewhere. Last year we did a two centre stay, Coyevinas/Avlaki and then onto San Stef (NE), a week in each. Loved every minute of it, feel as though I left a piece of my heart behind in Corfu (dramatic I know, but just fell in love with the charm of the island).

Your recent posts re the jetty situation in San Stef is worrying for the resort, will change the whole ambiance.

Going back to your idea, will look into it, any other ideas appreciated...

NB. Please don't suggest a night in Ipsos en route, nearly 15 years later, its no longer the resort for me - but enjoyed it immensely at the time!!!
Alehouse View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alehouse Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 11:44am
Im pretty sure that the Oassis Hotel in Kassiopi does what your after, might be worth an e-mail to them.
Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sue Avrio Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 12:30pm
Personally would go for a night in Corfu Town. Spend the day wandering around the streets and the fort followed by drinks on the Cavalieri roof terrace and then dinner. Perfect start to the holiday.
Beside the sea all worries wash away!!
BruceAndMaria View Drop Down
Kassiopi Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BruceAndMaria Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 12:49pm
Hi Marietot.

Heres the web address to the Oasis Hotel in Kassiopi.

I've used them once just for the afternoon because of a very late flight..the owner was happy about it.

Bruce
Marietot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 9:44pm
Thank you all for the suggestions. As wonderful as Corfu town sounds, with a 5 year old desperate to get to the pool/beach I don't think it would be as easy. Although it sounds perfect to me!

Really appreciate it, will let you know if it works out and if we manage to arrange it all!

Thanks again.
Ecotrails View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ecotrails Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 12:14am
Easiest (and I have no affiliation) is to go to booking.com, type in Corfu and the date required for two adults and a five year old and see what pops up.
I did it for a random night in late July 2014 and it came up with plenty of stuff starting at £21 per studio, easiest way for you I think, probably get it cheaper or in your chosen area by just turning up on the day but I know it must stress to do it like that.

EcoSmile
Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sue Avrio Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 9:52am
Been there, done it and quite understand - although if it really appeals the Corfu Palace is on the seafront has a pool. You may get a good deal if you book it now. Make sure you get the correct hotel though as there are two hotels with very similar names!!
Beside the sea all worries wash away!!
Marietot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by sue avrio sue avrio wrote:

Been there, done it and quite understand - although if it really appeals the Corfu Palace is on the seafront has a pool. You may get a good deal if you book it now. Make sure you get the correct hotel though as there are two hotels with very similar names!!

Oh that does look nice, but it is too expensive as we are aiming to keep the cost down to be able to afford the villa for the remaining 13 nights, so won't be possible this year.

Eco - thanks for doing that, it is a good idea, just worried that they could cancel with no real loss to them, if they got a better offer!  I suppose if I had contact direct I would feel more comfortable.

Thanks again everyone.
SusieB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SusieB Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 5:56pm
Hi Marietot, if you recall last year when we spoke on here, we stayed in the studios across from the villa you were in, Bounias for one night and it was 30 Euros and they were fine, basic but they served a purpose and we wanted to be in that area, they also had apartments upstairs which looked very nice, someone booked it with the owner on our behalf but Salco Holidays represent them.
Cheers Sue
A diet is too little of a good thing - Garfield
Marietot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 6:21pm
Hi Susie,

Yes I do remember well.  We used to walk past them and they looked closed down.  I understand that their was a bereavement (?) in the family which can have a dramatic effect on people and their livelihoods.  I often thought of you as we made our way along the track. We don't mind basic at all as long as basic also means clean Smile we are considering asking Alex at the Katia, but would hate to offend anyone if it just isn't worth them having to clean a room twice over in high season.

PS. Did you notice that the villas are now with James Villas and gone up by about 30-40% for summer 2014?
SusieB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SusieB Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 6:37pm
They looked closed down when we stayed there too, that's after the owners friend finally pitched up after 4 hours to let us in, thats another story! I nearly suggested Katia too, but was also not sure if Alex would accept a one night booking as you said, we are staying there again next summer as we have to go high season as our friends have children at school and they normally drive to France so the cost of flights alone has nearly given them a heart attack before we start and we wanted 10 nights. I did see the villas were on the move again too.
Happy Hunting Sue Cool 
A diet is too little of a good thing - Garfield
Corfu Dreamer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corfu Dreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2014 at 4:02pm
Hi Marietot
We are in the same position, and find ourselves with two nights without accommodation in the high season. Did you get anywhere?
Does anyone have the contact details for Katia Beach please?
Thanks.
Corfu Dreamer
Davyboy View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 3:29am
Hope this helps

Summer: +30 26630 81427 All year: +30 6946 521 604
Keep taking your, take a holiday in kassiopi pills.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corfu Dreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 3:40am
Thanks Davyboy
Do you know whether they have an email address?
Corfu Dreamer
Davyboy View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 3:52am
Sorry should have put it on.
info(at)katiaaparthotel.com
Keep taking your, take a holiday in kassiopi pills.

Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 3:56am
Thank you!
I'll give them a try.
Corfu Dreamer
Marietot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 5:36am
The flights we wanted increased in price on the Sunday so by the time we had added on the accommodation costs plus taxi to the Villa it wasn't really worth the messing around.  Although it did seem quite exciting!  Also we would have lost the last day in the Villa and that was worth considering.

I ran the dates through Travel Republic and got the option to book, I was just concerned that the accommodation owners may cancel if it wasn't worth it to them in high season.  Two nights may be better though depending on the days.

We are now facing Mad Monday at Corfu airport in mid August - wish us luck!!!  It is worth it all though, we know that!

Good luck, let us know how you get on.
Kinninviekid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kinninviekid Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 3:05am
We needed one nights accommodation for the end of this Junes holiday but luckily the host at our favourite drinking establishment is letting us stay in his home for the night.
You just cant find a friendlier village...
Bob n Rosey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic