'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > General Corfu Holiday Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Norwegian Air Shuttle

General Corfu Holiday Questions, Corfu

Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SusieB Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Norwegian Air Shuttle
    Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 5:06pm
Are operating on Saturdays from 19 Jul Gatwick 2315 Corfu 0500 and Sundays inbound 0545/0655, prices start from GBP136 pp for these dates.

They are a good airline, I work in travel and we use them for Split and Dubrovnik, they have good leg room and so far are very reliable.

Mind you it looks like they are only operating for a very short time.
A diet is too little of a good thing - Garfield
Elliemay View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Elliemay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 5:34pm
Cornucopia
Of
Real
Friends
Unsurpassed
Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Avrio Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 7:33pm
Read about this in the newspaper yesterday. Wow very good prices as long as you don't mind the unsociable flight times Smile
Beside the sea all worries wash away!!
Carolox View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolox Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 4:46pm
Thanks Susie,
I was in despair over easyjet prices this year and had decided not to bother with Corfu this year, but you have saved me!
I have just booked with this airline going 19th July, coming home 10th August, 3 glorious weeks for only £234 that's for both of us. This is school holidays as well, very happy.
Just have to book accomodation now so will get planning.
Wonder why they only are doing that route for a few weeks?

Elliemay View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliemay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 4:54pm
Hi Carolox,
Could just be testing the water, or it could be that they are the only landing slots available. 
Cornucopia
Of
Real
Friends
Unsurpassed
Carolox View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolox Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 11:25am
Is any one else booking with this airline? The fares are really cheap.
How will people know that Norwegian Air Shuttle are flying this route, does it come up on search engines like sky scanner as not everyone get's the hot news on this forum.
Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Avrio Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 3:46pm
They are shown on skyscanner and other search engines.
Twosheds69 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twosheds69 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 4:04pm
I am poised to book, the rates are really good, 50% off what EJ are quoting for late July '14. That's a massive saving. However, as with anything that seems too good to be true, I feel a tad apprehensive. Anyone share my concerns or am I just being silly?
Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 5:13pm
See the original post. Recommended so go for it!!!
Lilizella View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilizella Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 9:47pm
Hi Carol, does that mean we won't see you in May? I will be so sorry. East Mids is so convenient for us. Hope all is well. I'll email you when we get back from Watergate Bay. X

Carolox View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carolox Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 11:17am
Hi Kay,
Still hoping to come to Liapades in May, just have not exactly decided dates but will be half term like last year. Enjoy your break.
Two sheds, I wasn't apprehensive at all when booking, rushed straight in there, first flight out last flight home. Now though when looking at the seating plan I am the only person on the plane LOL! My fear is would they cancel the flights if not many people book? It's still a long way off though.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twosheds69 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 2:19pm
OK then, all booked, what an amazing fare too. Thanks SusieB and Elliemay for flagging this up. Carolox, I counted 14 reserved seats on our flight, it is early so I am confident the rest of the seats will go. Clearly there must be a lot of people making inquiries on the site, fare went up 50 quid overnight (that'll teach me to dillydally). Now, what to do for the next 8 months.
Carolox View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 4:31pm
Well done, are you going out on the 19th as well and do you know where you are staying yet?
We might even be able to share a taxi if we go to the same area!
My husband doesn't like driving in Corfu but I guess first thing on a Sunday morning there wouldn't be a lot of traffic around. We usually either taxi if theres four of us or transfer shuttle if it's just us two (as this year)
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 4:44pm
Yes, same flight, booked Philippos Hotel (booked direct for even more savings) in Kassiopi again. Sadly 4 of us in a taxi so can't help you out there, but good to ask none the less. Traffic should be quiet that time of day anyway.
SusieB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SusieB Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 6:22pm
Hi Carolox,
You are welcome, glad you got booked, we had only booked our July flight the week before at GBP300pp but thats OK as we wanted 10 days, I could not stretch to 14 but I am going for Easter and again at the end of September so cannot complain Wink
Bob and Wendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob and Wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 8:44pm
Just booked return flights for the whole of next August with good old EJ, the other way from most people, Corfu to Gatwick. £227, cabin baggage only, for two of us.
Looked at Norwegian prices, they seem to have gone a bit daft at the moment, dare say they will stabilise back down once the mad rush calms down. They wanted over 400e each for the same dates we have booked, no contest.
Thanks for raising the thread though, made us come to a decision rather than dither as usual.
Bob
Jesus wants me as a sunbeam. And a jolly good sunbeam am I.
Carolox View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 11:20pm
Hi Two sheds,
Might try Kassiopi again this year, we always visit for a day trip. Have stayed at Solaris, Ariti and Katia beach in the past. Do you recommend Phillipos? I may book a week in Kassiopi before going over to Arillas then have a last week in Messonghi, we always end up in Messonghi I love it there but I get itchy feet after a week and need to sample somewhere different.
SusieB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SusieB Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 11:39am
Forgot to say that even though they are a low cost carrier they can be booked on a CRS which is how travel companies book BA, Virgin etc ie scheduled carriers, so they must be reputable or they would not be available to the travel trade this way.
Carolox View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 3:55pm
Norwegian Air shuttle have added more dates to Corfu now going into September, return fares from £60 leaving end of August returning one, two or three weeks later.
I might have to come back on the 10th as booked do a bit of work then go back again!
Violator View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Violator Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 6:21pm
We booked flights to Santorini for the beginning of next September, £140.00 each including luggage and seats!

Tony
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic