'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > Kalami, Kouloura and Agni
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Not Going Back Next Year

Kalami, Kouloura and Agni, Corfu

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoltonLynda Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not Going Back Next Year
    Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 6:22pm
We have just returned from a fantastic holiday in our beloved Kalami. Everything, as usual was perfect. However, we have decided, after visiting 15 times over the last 20 years to give it a miss next year. We will still be going to Corfu, but to Roda which is fast becoming another favourite destination with us. We will be back in Kalami the year after though - it would break my heart to think I was never going back!
Dingojunction View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dingojunction Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 6:24pm
Lynda we have only just found Kalami and I can see why a lot of peeps on the forum hold it so dear to their hearts. We are going back in May next year and really cant wait. (Trip#2 so we are still newbies!)
Lily's Gran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lily's Gran Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 8:56pm
Wherever you go, Corfu is addictive! I need my yearly Kalami "fix"! Glad you enjoyed it Dingojunction.
and Charlie, Nia and Daniel's Gran too
Sidneylarkin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidneylarkin Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 9:28pm
Hi Lily's Gran

Unfortunately we had to miss Kalami this yearCry due to family illness as we couldn't book in advance. Looks like next year may be the sameCryCry.

We're desperate to get back there as the withdrawal symptoms are quite painfulConfused Not only that, I need some more material so I can write another book!Beer

Anyway, enjoy Rhoda and hope to bump into you one year when we eventually get back there.

Weshamers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weshamers Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 9:54pm
Hi Linda does you good to have a change. We had first year in Sidari when we got married there moved on to Kassiopi for 2 years, then fell in love with Kalami, had 5 years there going twice a year sometimes.Then could not get in A and A one year, so tried Kassiopi again. Loved it and next year will be our 5th visit. Keep saying we will try the west coast for a change, but we keep getting drawn back. Maybe one day. lol xxx 
Live,Love,Smile,Be Happy.Every day of your life
Elliemay View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Elliemay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 11:31pm
Hi Ann,
Have a look at Arillas on the NW coast. It is lovely, many tavernas in season and a sandy beach. Flat too if anyone has mobility problems and not too far from two other resorts there, Agios Georgios and Agios Stephanos.

Cornucopia
Of
Real
Friends
Unsurpassed
WeeMinx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeMinx Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 3:59pm
Hi Bolton Lynda, it was nice to actually meet you this year for the first time, even although we have probably been in Kalami at the same time, for several years.

No doubt our paths will cross again one day.  Enjoy Roda.

Annie
Once seen, never forgotten!
Weshamers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weshamers Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 4:41pm
Thanks Elliemay, that looks beautiful, not too busy, just as we like it. Will have a drive up there next year to look round. lol xxx
Live,Love,Smile,Be Happy.Every day of your life
BoltonLynda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoltonLynda Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 11:54am
Roda won't be much of a change, it will be our 7th visit in 8 years ha ha. Weeminx, it was lovely to put a face to the name! We are also looking at Kefalonia for next year too, and we are also hoping to visit Ireland for the first time. I don't know if my constitution is up to so many changes!
WeeMinx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeMinx Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 2:12pm
Bolton Lynda live for the moment as I don't think Kalami is moving any time soon.

Annie
Once seen, never forgotten!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic