'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > Paleokastritsa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Paleo Report

Paleokastritsa, Corfu

Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nardine Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paleo Report
    Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 4:08pm

Have posted the same on T.A.

Got back from Paleo on Friday. Stayed at The Belvedere for a week.
Against our better judgement we booked with Olympic having had problems in the past but we chose an afternoon flight with Thomson's (paid a wee bit more for this) but we hoped it would avoid any of the changes & delays that others had experinced with the likes of Small Planet & Germania etc, it paid off! Flights on time, first drop off on the shuttle bus which in itself would have been quicker but for a couple who were booked on the shuttle had taken a rental car without informing the rep's.
Dropped off cases, changed into lighter clothes and went straight up to the pool bar introduced ourselves to the regulars Pete, Flic, Mandy, Steve & Dee and owners Nikos & Natasha & their son George then proceeded to get a teensy bit tipsy on cocktails!
Next day spent exploring Paleo, ate at Limani by the Harbour, really good food & service, waddled back up to the Belvedere and over indulged in cocktails again!
Next day Other Half convinced me it would be great to walk up to Lakones via the donkey path, within 15 minutes I hated him with every fibre of my being, 20 minutes after that I loved him heartily again because the views are spectacular. Walked up to Bella Vista and the couple of shops up there then back down to the village and had lunch at Boulis Taverna, lovely old style place with "Mom n Pop" service.
We walked back fown to Paleo via the road which was a lot longer but worth it if only for the visit to "Georges Cellar" we tasted & bought wine & Raki.
Ate at Spiros near the top end of Paleo for dinner, had mixed meat on the spit, again, really good and filling food.
Next day, hired a scooter for two days, went back up to Lakones, Mikrades and Angelo KastroCarried on up the coast and made it to Agios Georgios, nice long sandy beach but it made me glad that we were in Paleo. Rode up to the Monastry for sunset. Evening meal was at The Dolphin next door to the Belvedere, decent food with a nice setting overlooking the sea.
More scooter adventures, rode to Gouvia and Dassia and back, popped into La Grotta  Ate at Nausika for this evening.
The rest of the week was pretty much spent on various beaches sun bathing, swimming & snorkelling, except for a trip into Corfu town on one of the Olympic organised excursions. Overall we had a great time, Paleo is stunning with another amazing view around every corner. The Belvedere was very basic but if you go with an open mind you wont be disappointed, with the sea just down the steps, a view to die for from your balcony and a decent kitchen & bathroom in the room, a pool, bar & restaurant all on site I don't think you can go wrong as far as self catering accomodation goes.
We will be back!
My recomendations are; Food - Limani, Spiros & Nausika. - Not based on price but on food quality & service. Drinks - Akron - Nice place & cheap for local beer, also serve Corfu Beer, Belvedere pool bar - Cocktails and great friendly regulars and Petrino Garden - cheap as chips & quiet 2.50 for a pint and 2.00 for a glass of wine. Tango bar for views.
Do do the walk to Lakones and spend some time exploring, it's worth the asthma attack and aching calves!Clap
3 'o'clock is always to late or too early for anything you want to do - Jean Paul Sartre
Paleogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paleogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 5:20pm

You have certainly packed loads in. Pete, Flick, Steve and Dee are part of my crowd...don't know where I was that day Confused. Hope to catch you another time.

I can close my eyes and see Paleo but it's not the same.........Roll on my next trip.
Nardine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nardine Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 3:03pm
Maybe you were there Paleogirl, I was going bozeyed from the cocktails, I probably wouldn't have known!! Beer
3 'o'clock is always to late or too early for anything you want to do - Jean Paul Sartre
KEIRA View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KEIRA Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 1:51pm
Hi. So glad you walked up to (my) village Lakones. We met at Boulis. Scots lady having a Greek coffee free gratis from Eleni.Smile
Volare let's Fly .
Nardine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 2:19pm
Hi Keira
I'm glad we did it too! Boulis was great, I was a bit overcome with the need for food & drink by the time we got in there Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic