'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > General Corfu Holiday Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Jet2

General Corfu Holiday Questions, Corfu

Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kassi Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jet2
    Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 9:55pm
Just wondering if anybody knows whether, like Easyjet, it is best to book with Jet2 asap, or wait in the hope prices come down? 

Looking at flights FROM Corfu back to Manchester NEXT September, and at the moment it is over 400 euros for two of us.  

Thanks for any advice Smile
Jackie x
ElaineK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElaineK Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 12:01am
Is that just for one way Kassi?
I wasn't lost - I was just taking an interesting detour!
Razaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razaker Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 7:24am
Jet2 prices didn't come down from Newcastle this year, I was checking for next year £850.00 for 2 of us if I book now, theres definitely no value in that for me.
The only differance between me and a madman ;is im not mad,
Kinninviekid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kinninviekid Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 11:59am
They tend to stay up so the best bet is to wait till there is a sale on.
I believe there is currently one on now and if you add the code "SALE10" in the promotions code box you will get 10% off.
Bob n Rosey
Houndman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Houndman Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 12:31pm
Hi,

We booked the first week they came out and paid £260 each which included bags etc.

Out 9th June 2014 back 30th June 2014. Glad we booked then as the prices have gone up a bit from Newcastle. Jet2 are now going out of Glasgow on a Tuesday but cost a lot more than Newcastle so very happy we booked when we did. Newcastle is good for us as we get the direct high speed East Coast train from Dundee to Newcastle and have no car parking or fuel costs.

As above, you may get a 10% discount when they have a sale on but I have a feeling the discount is for return flights.

Hope you get a good deal.

Kind Regards
Tom and Marion
Razaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razaker Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 12:57pm
My problem is my hols is always on school term times which we all know the prices are jacked up again,
ElaineK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElaineK Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 6:20pm
I priced up return flights Manchester - Corfu for next June/July a couple of weeks ago and it was £478 for two people inc bags. Decided to wait for Easyjet to come out, because even though I don't think they'll be any cheaper than that for next year, we don't want to fly out on a Monday.
I wasn't lost - I was just taking an interesting detour!
Razaker View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 10:36pm
Ive got a holiday short listed on the Thomson website for Agios Georgios North, our favorite place love the beach and the swimming & the diving there. Just waiting for the other half to give me the nod to book, it`s just under 2k for the 2 of us but that is half board, like I say 850 just for the flights with jet2, we could book a place through the Agios website very cheap but very basic, so if we are to return that's where where we'll go, wish we could get flights for £478 ElaineK
Kassi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kassi Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 10:27pm
Thanks for your input everyone. I booked them as my work are insisting I can only have 2.5 weeks instead of 3 next year, so plan is to go on a Saturday (Easyjet) and back on a Wednesday, and the only ones from Manchester on a Wednesday seem to be Jet2.  Not happy, as it is only 2 days different, workwise, than 3 weeks :(

Jackie x
Kassi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 10:28pm
Looking on the bright side, we will get 2 kg each more luggage allowance coming back Smile
Jackie x
Tina B View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tina B Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 6:03pm
Kassi, Ryanair fly out of Manchester to Corfu on Wednesdays. Next year's flights not out yet
Kassi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 8:57pm
Thanks Tina - but I've booked the return flight now.
Better not look at their prices when they do release them!! 

xx
Jackie x
Razaker View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 6:52pm
The trouble with Jet2 because of the likes of me who keep logging on & going through with the booking of flights to Corfu to keep check of the price, they know by how my hits there getting for that flight so the more hits it gets they know how many are interested so hense the price stays high.
Corfusun58 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corfusun58 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 1:33am
I cant believe how much the flights have gone up next year to Corfu. We are going June & September. We normally do Jet2 but Thomas cook from Newcastle was cheaper so booked with them. Jet2 is no longer a cheap airline sadly...I didn't realise easyjet went to Corfu from Newcastle.
Razaker View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 9:56am
Didn't know easyjet flew from Newcastle either
Kath Brian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kath Brian Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 11:22am
easyjet dont fly from Newcastle to Corfu.

Regards, Kath.
Razaker View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 11:27am
Aye I thought they didn't. I double checked when Corfusun58 mentioned it.
Twinmaker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 5:29pm
CHEAP FLIGHT SALES ALERT
Airline: Jet2 Offer: 10% off code Ends: Ongoing
Our pick this week is Jet2's 10% off code. You get 10% off any return flight (incl taxes and charges) so long as the return leg's before 31 Mar 2015. Enter the promo code SALE10 at the checkout to get the discount.

(from moneysavingexpert.com)
Joeqprman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joeqprman Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 4:52pm
We usually book flights and accomodation separate but for next year we couldnt find a Jet2 flight from Leeds/Bradford for under around 270 each with luggage etc added. So went on Jet2Holidays and the same flight but as a package for 2 weeks with 22kg luggage, transfer to resort and accomodation in Roda next July it came to 370 each with 60pp deposit using the SAVE50 code.
Lily's Gran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lily's Gran Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 5:00pm
We are flying from Manchester with easyjet next May; a saving of over £250 over Newcastle flights with Jet2 or Thomas Cook etc
and Charlie, Nia and Daniel's Gran too
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic