'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > General Corfu Holiday Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Single Women Travellers

General Corfu Holiday Questions, Corfu

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janmanessi Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Single Women Travellers
    Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 10:52am
A comment on another thread prompts me to post this to encourage any woman thinking of going independently to do so. Don't have any worries, but expect to be annoyed by single room supplements etc.

I have planned holidays for myself as far away as Cambodia, Thailand, USA, and Canada- thanks to the internet. I have often paid much less than normal prices. I have met interesting people along the way- and if I don't...well I always carry a good book to keep me company!

Take the plunge and try it, it is great fun!
Marier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marier Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 10:05pm
I thoroughly agree Janmanessi!  I took the plunge just over 2 years ago when I went to Paleokastritsa and have been back twice since.  I also went to Lanzarote at Easter.  I was bricking it the first time as I thought I would feel very self conscious, but after that I didn't give it a second thought.  It's great to be able to do exactly what you want, when you want.  One piece of good advice a friend gave me was to eat out early before everywhere gets really busy, as you won't feel like a lost soul walking into a crowded taverna, and carrying a book is a good idea also.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic