'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > Kassiopi
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

First Timer!

Kassiopi, Corfu

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbi77 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: First Timer!
    Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 1:30am
Evening all!

Just joined the forum and I am so excited to be going to Kassiopi for the first time in 5 days time. Hubby went before about 20 years ago and was adamant that this was where we had to go this year. We ended up booking a last minute trip last week and I am so excited now it can't come soon enough! Have been browsing this forum and have found so much info and also found a link to the Kassiopi bliss site so have done the virtual tour. Just have to get the flight and transfer out of the way and  I will be there (not a good flyer and my main phobia is travelling on mountain roads so we have booked a taxi transfer rather than the coach)

Take care all

Bobbi xxx
Kinninviekid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kinninviekid Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 1:38am
No mountains involved luckily as the road follows the coast all the way.
There are one or two bends and narrow bits thoughWink

Bob n Rosey
Paullinda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paullinda Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 8:57am
You will enjoy the trip from the airport as has been said one or two narrow bends but some lovely views.
FrankthePlank View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankthePlank Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 11:20am
I hate the journey to and from the airport- it always makes me travel sick! But Kassiopi is worth it- it's such a small part of the holiday!
Bobbi77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbi77 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 11:39am
Thanks folks, you have really put my mind at rest about that part of the journey, twisty and narrow I don't mind - now just the flight to get through lol. 
Davyboy View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 11:58am
Getting from the airport to Kass is all part of the holiday to me,  the views are great, mind you when I hire a car its much quicker.Big smile Have a great time BobbieParty
Keep taking your, take a holiday in kassiopi pills.

Bobbi77 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 10:59pm
Thank you so much for all your replies. I am getting so excited now (especially reading this forum) about 3.5 days till we depart for Kassiopi!
Tank View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tank Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 5:29pm
Prepare yourself Bobbi! Once you've been to Kassiopi you will catch the bug. There is no cure except a yearly visit (at least), your Hubbie has it and so will you. It's the best addiction you could possibly have!! Enjoy yourselves!

Rich
Dollbot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dollbot Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 8:29pm
I couldn't agree more with you Tank, Kassiopi is so addictive and we go back year after year, holidaying with our friends. We just got back yesterday after a fabulous 2 weeks away. Enjoy your holls Bobbi and yamas !!
Bobbi77 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 9:25pm
Well we are here and on day 4 I think I have the bug. Sat in Kostas at the moment so short post please forgive me. I think I will be joining the ranks of Kassiopi Addicts Anonymous very soon. Take care all xx
Bobbi77 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 12:06am
Firstly apologies for dragging up a very old post of mine. But due to circumstances we have not holidayed since the time of my last post. But  we are going 25th August and we are beyond excited. Last time (2013) our 15 year old daughter accompanied us and being that in between age I wasn't sure she enjoyed it that much. However when I asked her if she wanted to join us this year she jumped at the chance so she and her boyfriend are joining us. So Excited!!
Mossa View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mossa Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 8:28am
There's something for all ages. You will definitely get the addiction. 
Frilly2 View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frilly2 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 4:55pm
We all take medication for Kassiopiitis 🤣
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic