'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > General Corfu Holiday Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Horseriding

General Corfu Holiday Questions, Corfu

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Allen Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horseriding
    Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 2:41pm
Me and my girlfriend want to go horse riding when we are in Corfu. Can anyone suggest a good stables? One where we can ride on the beach is preferable but not essential. We have a hire car so travel is not a problem.
MartynG View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartynG Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 2:57pm
Hi Steve, welcome to the site.

You don't say where you are staying, but there are various riding stables on the island.  That said, the only one I know the actual location of is Dimitris, near Kassiopi (between Avlaki beach and Agios Stephanos on the north east coast.

You may be struggling with a beach ride though.  Others may better to be able to answer this point.

Martyn
Bob and Wendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob and Wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 7:58pm
There is Costas riding at Roda.
Bob
Jesus wants me as a sunbeam. And a jolly good sunbeam am I.
Muffy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muffy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 12:08pm
Yes Costa is fantastic. You go through the olive groves and along the beach, you get 2 hours, the horses are well looked after as well.  They are in Roda just down the road from Sidari, you can get cheaper but no were near as good, we know we have tryed them, in high season it will cost 18 euros and worth every penny.
Marietot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marietot Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 11:21pm
We heard people talking about horse riding near Avlaki (near Kassiopi/not far from San Stefanos NE) whilst we were there, it is the same place MartynG recommended. This is the place http://www.dimitriscorfu.gr/horse-riding.html it shows photos on the beach, maybe worth an email?
Bob and Wendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob and Wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 10:50am
Yes it's the same place. All the horses are well cared for with nice shiny coats.
Bob.
Jesus wants me as a sunbeam. And a jolly good sunbeam am I.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic