'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > General Corfu Holiday Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Nice Beaches

General Corfu Holiday Questions, Corfu

Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chipembele Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nice Beaches
    Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 1:54pm
Can anyone recommend nice beaches on Corfu?

I'm going to Agios Gordios but would like to travel around a bit and sample other beaches. Last time I went to Liapades which is a pebble beach and pretty quiet. The sea gets deep very quickly but the water was crystal clear.

I also went to Paleo but it was really busy so probably wont go there again.

I'll give Myrtiotissa a miss too.
Bob and Wendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob and Wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 2:28pm
Alykos near Lefkimi, sandy beach with a shallow sea, nice and safe for little ones. Not much there, just two tavernas, one very good, the other much more old fashioned with limited offerings.
We were there last week for a few days, the sea was incredibly warm.
Bob.
Jesus wants me as a sunbeam. And a jolly good sunbeam am I.
Chipembele View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chipembele Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 3:07pm
Thankyou. It sounds worth the drive.

Wonder if that's near where Rick Stein went.
Geoff View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 3:57pm
The next 3 bays up from Paleokastritsa are all worth a visit :- Aghios Georgios, Arillas, and San Stefanos. They are all sandy and shelve fairly gradually, and are great for families. Arillas is probably the quietest resort, but the main beach tends to "shift" in shape a little as weather sometimes picks up the sand and moves it around to San Stefanos and vice versa. Be advised that each far end of Arillas beach (ie well away from the main beach directly in front of all the sea-front tavernas) is frequented by naturists so don't wander too far if you are easily offended by such sights. Having said that, it is not compulsory to disrobe completely and many people visit those ends of the beach fully "clothed".
Aghios Georgios and San Stefanos are both a bit busier but the beaches are longer. The extreme North end of San Stefanos beach is also frequented by naturists, but it is a very long walk to get to that end of the beach!
My favourite is Arillas as it is a nice quiet resort and there are many really good restaurants/tavernas/bars right next to the beach.
Home is where the Heart is - CORFU :-)
Janmanessi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janmanessi Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 5:57pm
Everyone I have spoken to (visitors) cannot get over the 30 km stretch of sand from Halikounas Lake down to Lerfkimi- developed resorts, deserted beaches, beautiful peaceful beach bars, trendy lively ones too- whatever your preference is you will find it there.
Alykes (not Alykos) mentioned above is also good- I love the very basic one where she cooks freshly cut chips served with eggs- assuming her hens have been laying that day!
Rick Stein went to somewhere on the Lefkimi canal.
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 2:51am
Thankyou for your replies.

I may even find a new resort to stay in next year
LewisUK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LewisUK Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 2:51am
There is a beach somewhere between Kassiopi and Archaravi that we went on a beach BBQ to. You could walk out to around 200ft (maybe more) and the water was only up to your knees.

I can find it on google earth but I have no idea what its called lol.
Violator View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Violator Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 10:46am
Hi Lewis

Thats Kalamaki beach, there are boat trips and a BBQ trip excursion to there from Kassiopi

Tony
Davyboy View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 10:59am
Originally posted by LewisUK LewisUK wrote:

There is a beach somewhere between Kassiopi and Archarvi that we went on a beach BBQ to. You could walk out to around 200ft (maybe more) and the water was only up to your knees.

I can find it on google earth but I have no idea what its called lol.
That would be Kalamaki Beach (Sandy Beach)
Keep taking your, take a holiday in kassiopi pills.

Twinmaker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by janmanessi janmanessi wrote:

the 30 km stretch of sand from Halikounas Lake down to Lerfkimi- developed resorts, deserted beaches, beautiful peaceful beach bars, trendy lively ones too- whatever your preference is you will find it there.

Yes, our favourites are Santa Barbara (there's a "river" across the beach that the kids love to muck about in and the Santa Barbara Taverna is excellent) and Gardenos - I never understand why it's so quiet!

They're signposted off the Lefkimmi road - as you head south they're on the right, of course, opposite signs for Perivoli.
Maxholland View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxholland Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 5:16pm
We have been coming to Corfu for 10 years, but in July found a new beach we had never visited before called Vitalades beach, it was recommended to us by the hotel we stay in, it's on the road to Lefkimmi, further down from Santa Barbara, its the best beach we have been to, with 2 tavernas right on the beach and was nice and quiet. Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janmanessi Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 5:55pm
Vitalades, marvellous beach- used to be fantastic with just one simple taverna which only served fish if they had caught it served with their own potatoes andf salad- if no fish then eggs from their -chickens....those were the days! In the river were little terrapins- think pollution has done for them now sadly. The taverna had sheds with beds in them if you wanted to make a night of it- too simple to be called rooms, but they were great
Twinmaker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2013 at 4:39pm
I think we may be talking about the same beach (Gardenos) - I certainly drive through the village of Vitalades to get to it.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2013 at 6:37pm
Yes we are
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2013 at 7:02pm
I'm getting confused here. Isn't Halikounas on the opposite side of the island to Lefkimmi?
Ellenjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ellenjay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2013 at 7:58pm
Kalamaki beach - can you get down to it by car?

Argostoli in 12 weeks!
LewisUK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LewisUK Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2013 at 11:15pm
Theres a hotel above it, and I'm sure there is a road
SusieH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SusieH Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2013 at 1:12am
Yes you can get to Kalimaki beach by road, there is a taverna there with a car park. But a word of warning, don't go there for an evening meal as it is near the lagoon and at night the place is swarming with mossies!!!

Lovely spot though

Davyboy View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2013 at 11:23am
You can check out Kalimaki beach out here .http://www.agni.gr/guides/resort_guide/kalamaki.asp
Some get confused between Kalimaki and Kaminaki beach's, as I remember in the pastLOL
Keep taking your, take a holiday in kassiopi pills.

Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2013 at 11:01pm
All these beaches look great including Kaminaki.

I think the jeep hire is to be extended
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic