'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > Kassiopi
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Advice Needed Please!

Kassiopi, Corfu

Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankthePlank Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice Needed Please!
    Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 12:37pm
I'll be in Kassiopi for the 3rd time this September, but my other half and I would like to venture out a little further this year and go down to taverna Agni for an evening meal. In your opinion what would be the easiest way of getting there and back? Neither my boyfriend or I drive, so hiring a car is not an option. Would taxi's go there or are there water taxi's, and does anyone have any idea of the cost of these please?

Many thanks in advance!

Emma
Elliemay View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliemay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 12:53pm
Hi,
I think that you would need to book a taxi. However Agni Taverna have their own boat which picks up from Ag. Stefanos NE in the evening, so you could get a taxi to there and book it for your return there. Take the boat to Agni and return to Ag. Stefanos after your meal.
You will need to book Agni Taverna and you can request the pick up by boat at the same time. Sure that will be able to give you a time when the boat returns to Ag. Stefanos.

Agni Taverna 26630 91142

Enjoy. Smile
Cornucopia
Of
Real
Friends
Unsurpassed
FrankthePlank View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankthePlank Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 1:26pm
Thanks Elliemay- by change do you have any idea how much a taxi to and from Ag. Stefanos would cost each way?

Thanks again!
Kinninviekid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kinninviekid Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 1:33pm
For an accurate price phone the Kassiopi taxis direct on 0030 266 3032 400.
We like to hire a boat in Kassiopi and go down to Agni for a lunchtime meal.
We go to Nicholas taverna though as Agni taverna is a bit too expensive for us.
Bob n Rosey
MartynG View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartynG Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 1:50pm
Just so that you are aware - water taxis do not run north of the Agios Stephanos (northern) headland after dark. This is because Coast Guard regulations require commercial vessels carrying passengers to be fitted with radar. This doesn't have an impact on water taxis running south of Stephanos.

Martyn
Kinninviekid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kinninviekid Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 8:49pm
Actually there is now a water taxi based in Kassiopi harbour that runs until 10pm (so I assume it has radar.
I cant remember the phone number but someone who is there might post it for you.
This is it pictured behind Jimbob
Bob n Rosey
GaryK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryK Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 11:16pm
Cosmic excursions do trips to various places and like you neither my wife or me drive so we have got to see a lot of Corfu through them.
Weshamers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weshamers Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2013 at 12:40am
If you can compromise you can go on a day time NE coast cruise with one of the travel agents in Kassiopi. They stop at Kalami, a lovely bay with the White house and good taverns, also Agni bay, choice of 3 good tavernas. Also stops I think at Keresia. Lovely way to see this part of the Island, the views are spectacular. lol Ann xxx
Live,Love,Smile,Be Happy.Every day of your life
Tank View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tank Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2013 at 1:24pm
There are loads of trips available from The Travel Corner and Cosmic. My wife and I prefer the boat trips because you see the Island from a unique angle and there is always a lovely breeze. Coach tours do tend to be a bit "warm." We like the Lazy Day cruise best, all good fun, lunch and a beautiful look at Corfu and Albania from the sea.

Rich.
Davyboy View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2013 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by tank tank wrote:

We like the Lazy Day cruise best, all good fun, lunch and a beautiful look at Corfu and Albania from the sea.

Rich.
You forgot to mention, the diving for those very expensive bottles of champagne.Wink
Keep taking your, take a holiday in kassiopi pills.

Tank View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tank Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2013 at 10:50am
Oh so I did! Probably because I don't swim and stay on board looking after the free wine!LOL

Rich.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic