'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > Kassiopi
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Despues Bar

Kassiopi, Corfu

Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metaxaman Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Despues Bar
    Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 6:45pm
Hi all,
We are returning to Kassiopi later in the season. We know this bar serves coffee and cake during the day, but what is it like in the evening as we have some younger members with us this year?
It looks really nice, I think it was closed when we were there last year.
Bambas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambas Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 12:02am

H Metaxaman,
I'm afraid you will be dissapointed to hear it is now closed. Jenny who ran it is now helping her mum Aspa in a new venture outside the Harbour Market. They have gained space between Porto and The Old School House tavernas to open a mini bar come meze place in the entrance to the supermaket so Despues has closed as it didn't really compete with its neigbours.
There is a good icecream place opposite now, so hopefully that will fill the gap.

MiloTheNaughtybunny View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiloTheNaughtybunny Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 12:40am
I'm sorry to hear it's shut. That said, when we've been for the last two Septembers, it's never hugely busy- or maybe I've just been going to bed too early!!
Metaxaman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metaxaman Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 12:58am
Thanks for the info, shame it's closed, but I'm sure we'll enjoy ourselves all the same.
D&D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D&D Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 11:54am
We have two teenagers with us, they were 15 last year and enjoyed the "club" down at the harbour, beneath the Angevine bar.  I'm unable to remember the name, but somebody here will I'm sure :)

Our two went with some other Scottish girls, and met loads of local youngsters, some of whom they are still in touch with on Facebook.  They are planning to meet up when we go back next week, and looking forward to going to this club again.

One of the other dads went in for a look, and reported that it was about the size of a living room!  However the kids thought it was very grown up to go to a club  (especially with foam!) and we were happy to let them go, it felt safe and there were no problems.  We waited till it closed at 1am in a bar close by the first time, and saw nothing to worry about.  After that we alternated with the other parents to go and collect tham at closing time for the short walk back to the apartment.

However, sad to report, 2 years ago we did see 2 guys taking illicit substances, bold as brass at a table in our favourite bar (I won't name it).  So we can never be complacent.  Sad world.
D&D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D&D Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 12:01pm
Passion! That's what the club was called.

D
Metaxaman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 1:44pm
Ah yes, Passion Club. This club was opening on the night we were returning home last year, so we never got to see it.
Thanks for the info, it will be somewhere for our younger members to try.
The only foam I want to see is a nice foaming pint! 
Calono9552 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calono9552 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 4:00am
Metaxaman has designed the whole event in a nice manner. Despues bar is the place where people come and enjoy. And peoples like to get help with university assignment to improve their writing skills. Kassiopi corfu is the alternative and people are returning towards it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic