'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > Paleokastritsa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Paleo Studios

Paleokastritsa, Corfu

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrsfrm Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paleo Studios
    Posted: 29 May 2013 at 3:03pm

Well we have been and are now back...Sadly.Cry

Pros:

You can be assured that the Paleo Studios are fine. Basic but clean. Mid week clean including towel & sheet change. Owners do not speak English so do not expect much if any guidance on apartment. Thats the charm of it too. Nice position, good sea view from first floor apartments 6 to 9. Apartment 10 may not have so good a view. Overlooks the Valley complex pool, nicely lit up at night. Sea View Apartments next door also use the same pool but no problems in May.

Cons:

As at 20 May bar was not open. We felt we missed out a little. Their loss, we went elsewhere and spent...checking out other apartments etc too. Generally Paleo was just coming to life. Other places also not open. Seems this is due to the poor economy, them not able to pay wages when visitor numbers are low in May. Other pool bars also closed at 7pm, for same reason.

The pool was also cloudy, not crystal clear like it should be. Explained as having a filter problem and it would clear "tomorrow". It never did.

Paleo:

Fabulous...As I said just coming to life but so laid back & relaxing. Our first time but we are now hooked.

Activities:

Due to one day very bad weather we walked for 1.5 hrs up main road to Bella Vista via Lakones. Well worth the effort. At top expect top prices due to views etc. We missed out and should have stopped at Boulis taverna for lunch. Lakones is the true Greek village, apart from the tourist coaches squeezing up the narrow street.

Dining out etc:

Aris supermarket has it all for self caterers. Cheap local wine 3.99 euros for 1.5 litres of drinkable red. Mythos cheap. Spirits expensive other than Ouzo, Kum Quat etc. Vodka about 18 to 25 Euro a litre. So bring one with you.

Spiros taverna - recommended

Petrino Gardens - recommended

Belvedere - great view

Nausika - recommended, Sat nights for Greek dancing, best seen, get in early as very busy, locals go there too.

Averto takeaway - not open at 20 May

Elia taverna & Acapulco bar - STARS OF THE RESORT - Spiros & Georgia are fabulous hosts. They put in so much effort with you that you feel part of their family. A true Greek experience.Clap

So, hoping this is useful to all those LUCKY people off to Paleo this summer. We will return!!! Oh yes, take some earplugs. The cockrels do start up a chorus quite early...perhaps Spiros's spit one BBQ night??LOL

DCV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCV Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 6:17pm
Nice report on Paleo. I was there at the same time and used Elia and Petrinos often. Really nice people in both.

Alison
Chrsfrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrsfrm Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 6:36pm
Hi Alison. Likely we saw each other then. My wife was the ginger one, in a black & white maxi dress, trying to do the Greek dancing with Spiros. I was the bald one!!! Lol. 

Joefish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joefish Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 6:58pm
There and back already? You were eager! Thumbs Up
I trust that was just a taster and you'll be going again later in the year...
Joefish
Chrsfrm View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 7:02pm
Well, I wish. That was our first time and now hooked. Already booked our "main" 2 weeker villa in Spain. May need to alter that one to Paleo next year!!! Spain is nice...but the Greek Paleo welcome is superb. Nothing but a smile and kind word for you. We could take a lesson from them...and lead a more satisfied, less hassled life, being nice to our own too.Shocked
DCV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCV Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 9:58pm
We are back on 1st August for the Paleo Vakarola - should not be missed.

Alison
Mec1960 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mec1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2013 at 11:12pm
Hi Chrsfrm,
Myself and my partner stayed at the Paleo Studios on our first holiday together, this was my first experience of Corfu but my partner, had visited Corfu many times before. We loved these studios they are massive and enjoyed chatting to the old Greek woman who fed the chickens every morning. Since then we have visited Corfu 2/3 a year for the past 4/5 years.
We are back next week 8/6 until the 1/7 staying further down the hill in the Maria Studios in Paleo. So I hope you will be back like me.
We have met lots of lovely people over the past few years Greek, English, Scottish and meet up with them nearly every year in Corfu.
Love Corfu
Roll on next week
Marion and Tom
Chrsfrm View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2013 at 11:07am
Hi M & T
I think we saw the Maria Studios and they looked good.
Lucky you, out very soon.
Yes, we will return...wish it could be sooner!!!
Enjoy.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic