'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > Paleokastritsa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Places To Propose?

Paleokastritsa, Corfu

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markmccabe7 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Places To Propose?
    Posted: 28 May 2013 at 1:29pm
Hi,

I am going to Corfu (Paleokastritsa) within the next few months and will be popping the question to my girlfriend.

I want the moment to be as special as possible so looking for some expert advice on where to go.

Initially, my thoughts were a nice restaurant, fairly quiet, with excellent views. Any thoughts?! Having given it more thought and read some comments, perhaps finding a nice quiet spot with just the two of us, may be the way to go.

Your help in appreciated.

Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Avrio Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 1:58pm
There were a lot of post last year when someone asked the same question. Many suggestions were made -will attempt to find link and come back to you - Good luck!!
Beside the sea all worries wash away!!
Paleogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paleogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 2:57pm
Have a look at the Akron Beach area. Bar, pool, beach, lovely food etc. Great views. They are going to start evening meals down there- the tables will be next to the sea, just a small but good quality menu, lovely owners and staff. Very romantic. Best wishes Wink
I can close my eyes and see Paleo but it's not the same.........Roll on my next trip.
Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Avrio Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 3:49pm
Found it Mark. If you look in the Kassiopi section of the forum and go back to August 2012. The post was entitled 'Romantic Place In Kassiopi' and was posted by StarMel. I know this is not the area of Corfu you are staying but there were quite a few suggestions. 
Beside the sea all worries wash away!!
Elliemay View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliemay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 4:19pm
Cornucopia
Of
Real
Friends
Unsurpassed
Markmccabe7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markmccabe7 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 4:55pm
Thanks very much everyone!!

I am actually staying 5 nights in Paleo and then 5 nights in Kassiopi. Not sure if I want to wait that long, but may do depending on the suggestions.

Thanks again!!
Elliemay View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliemay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 5:02pm
Hi,
Just another link to a topic where people have put on suggestions for a special meal.

http://www.agni.gr/holiday-forum/birthday-and-anniversary_topic1826.html?KW=anniversary
Cornucopia
Of
Real
Friends
Unsurpassed

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 5:10pm
If only we were going to Kassiopi and then to Paleokastritsa. Seems like the restaurant 'To Kyma' is a winner for most people in Kassiopi. I'll do my detective work between now and then and also have a walk round the resort while she sunbathes, and see if I can uncover the perfect place.

Thanks again.
Weststekker View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weststekker Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 6:18pm
I have 2 possible options for you. The first is outside the main gate of the monastery, there are also some great views from there as well as a location for a good meal.

The other location would be "La Grotta", it is quiet a romantic place. 

Check out this 360 degree of the resort to help you to choose.

Yammas, Colin.

Your Wish is my Command Master.
Joefish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joefish Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 8:16pm
Depends - the restaurants with the best views in Paleokastritsa (like the Belvedere) won't be very quiet - they tend towards the more lively, but then Aris would likely fall over himself to help you out.

If you want to be on your own, most options would involve a long and steep walk - if you're up to it..?
Rocdoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocdoc Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 8:19pm
Two suggestions, either the Boulis Taverna in Lakones with amazing views over Paleokastritsa or the Bella Vista which is also in Lakones and with even better views down to the monastery and make it in the late evening so you can enjoy the lights in Paleo and at the monastery. Stunning pictures from the Bella Vista in my gallery.
its nice to be important but its more important to be nice
Edthefed View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edthefed Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 12:09am
Take bottle of champagne to Angelokastro castle. Very quiet with the most stunning views. You can ask her there to be your queen.
Hope you both like heights! Otherwise hire a boat from Acapulco they will supply a cool box for champers and take her to a private beach.
Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 12:58pm
Love both the castle and boat ideas - very special and romantic. Good luck Big smile
DCV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCV Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 6:21pm
Edthefed - you are so romantic .

Alison
Joefish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joefish Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 6:49pm
All the spots around the resort I know are beaten by ones you can reach on foot further out.  Certainly if you don't want to be interrupted you'll have to venture a bit further, as there'll always be a few people around.

Out the back of Makrades round to Krini is a low concrete farmer's road, and off that a gravel path that leads off for nearly a mile and ends on a small grassy plateau. Then, just off to the right, is a gap in the rocks that leads to an absolutely stunning view above Agios Georgios bay.

Another great view is from the church at Vitoulades, the top of a path out of Lakones, where you can look down on Lakones and Paleokastritsa even further below. Though the route down from there is tough going. If you had transport you could get to the back of the hill by car (via Doukades or Vistonas) and walk over the top.
Joefish
Edthefed View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edthefed Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 8:45pm
I try my best Alison, specially if there is booze involved!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 2:19pm
Thanks to everyone for your advice! I now have a really good idea of spots which should be great.

Thanks again.
Rocdoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocdoc Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 8:11pm
Good luckThumbs Up
its nice to be important but its more important to be nice
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic