'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > Sidari
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Sidari Bakery

Sidari, Corfu

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveneil Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sidari Bakery
    Posted: 11 May 2013 at 9:42am
Does anyone know of the best place to get fresh bread and buns in Sidari which I could walk to every morning.
3 weeks to go till Paradise.              
WandererRO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WandererRO Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 8:44am
You can find a bakery just at the Eastern end of pedestrian street of Sidari center. Open early in the morning, you can find bread, morning sweets and all kind of cakes, my favourite being galactobureko... Enjoy!
Daveneil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveneil Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 10:08am
Thanks for the reply, I will try most things. lol.
Cannock Girl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannock Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 9:19pm
Dave, bakery at Avliotis not Sidari, look out for white transit van, he supplies the local shops  and the bread and buns are hot.

He outside my house every morning dead on 9 30, thats why no weight loss.
Daveneil View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 10:01pm
Thank you kindly young lady. Very nice to hear from you and I hope you can come to say hello  at our apartments and have a drink with us, 25th May-8th June. We wont get to the Orchard this year as we have 3 Grandchildren with us. Turn off the Roda to Sidari road down a little steep hill and turn left at the Meri apartments and we are at the end on the right Elini Apartments, Helen, Stathis, Tina and Maria.
Joefish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joefish Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 2:41am
I've seen some remarkable things in Greek bakeries.  The tiny one near the Apollon in Paleokastritsa does amazing meat filo pies.  There was one in Perissa, Santorini, that did his own 'Cheeseburgers'.  These were burgers, cheese and ketchup sealed up and baked inside the bread roll.
Tigers56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tigers56 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2013 at 6:34pm
If you head down the main road to the Crossroads and continue on you'll see the bakery on the left about three shops down. We've been the last two years to Sidari and this shop has to be responsible for 50% of my calorie intake (sweet tooth always wins!) They vary their stock but you have to try the fresh baklava, mini cone-shaped buns and well just about everything is to die for. We're going back in mid-July so please don't eat my share.
Daveneil View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2013 at 2:53am
Been in there today and had a coffee and baklava and taking things home, thanks.

Weshamers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weshamers Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2013 at 11:36am
Sounds good Dave. No doubt we both be posting on here how much we put on after hols. Happy hols. lol Ann xxx
Live,Love,Smile,Be Happy.Every day of your life
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic