'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > General Corfu Holiday Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Distances

General Corfu Holiday Questions, Corfu

Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jules 162 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Distances
    Posted: 07 May 2013 at 11:50pm
Hi can anyone help, we would like to know how far by car it is from Paleo to Kassiopi in minutes? Also to Agios Stefanos where the boat goes to I think its called Mathraki??? And how often the boat goes and on what days.

Thanks
SusieH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SusieH Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:07am
Paleo to Kassiopi? Suprisingly, the way my husband drives, not that long LOL

I think we do it in about 45 to 50 minutes at most

Can't help with the other one

Jules 162 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jules 162 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:33am
Thankyou
Dennis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 11:23am
San Stefano Travel sell a combined boat trip to Mathraki and Othoni which leaves the harbour at 09.30 every Friday. http://www.san-stefano.gr/trips_boat.php.   Bear in mind that the harbour at Agios Stefanos is not in the centre of the resort. I would estimate the car journey from Paleo would take about 45 minutes assuming you don't go wrong on the twisty route so allow an hour. I would suggest that the quickest route would be though Doukades and then over the Troumbeta Pass to Agros, Dafni etc rather than the scenic way through Makrades and Agios Georgios.

I don't know what other boat trips there are now to Mathraki but the web-site http://www.mathraki-island.com/3_travelling.htm lists a packet boat the Pegasos leaving the harbour at 10.30  Monday, Wednesday and Saturday (not sure how up-to-date this page is though so need checking out).
D11burton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D11burton Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:45pm
Hi Jules
Haven't done that journey recently, but the AA reckons on 54 minutes, so good advice to allow an hour. (I'd probably be over-cautious, because you never know what you'll get stuck behind!)
Yammas, David
Davyboy View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 2:22pm
Do the trip every year and it always takes different times as we stop off to see the sights and take different routes
Keep taking your, take a holiday in kassiopi pills.

Jules 162 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 3:43pm
Many thanks Dennis for that, we have taken notes and will definitely make the effort for the boat trip, it sounds wonderful.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic