'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > General Corfu Holiday Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Agios Georgios South?

General Corfu Holiday Questions, Corfu

Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathsamk Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Agios Georgios South?
    Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 12:48pm
Hi all
Going back to Corfu in May hopfully but to Agios Georgios south, never been there before, staying in the Sandy Beach resort...

Is it worth booking a transfer though the agent or just getting a taxi as the transfers are close to £50 for two of us.

Thanks all

Nathan
Robbie G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbie G Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 1:23pm
Hi Nathan

If you are comfortable with driving and your budget allows, you could consider renting a car and picking it up from the airport.

I guess if you are going to be paying £50 each way, it may be an attractive alternative?

Olympus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olympus Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 1:30pm
Hi, you can book a transfer with Travel Republic, they charge about £33 thats to St. George South, return journey, for two people.. we use them regularly.
Nathsamk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathsamk Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 1:45pm
Cheers all 
Just booked with the holiday as the total worked out cheap enough...

We normally do hire a car but this is a one off holiday without the kids at an all inclusive which we dont normally do so just gonna veg for a week I think.

Has anybody stayed at the Aquis Beach resort???

We normally go self catering to Roda at the Kosmas which we love but as I said this was a bargin.
Rocdoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocdoc Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 2:48am
If you are having a week of vegging out wont be a problem, bus service is a bit sparce. Was only a couple a day in and out when we were there 5 years ago. Couple of nice fish tavernas at the far south of the resort.
its nice to be important but its more important to be nice
Sooz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sooz Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 12:10pm
It may be worth hiring a car for a couple of days just to visit the south of the island, if you haven't been before. Plenty of places to visit.

If you tire of all inclusive life, then there are plenty of tavernas and bars in SGS. Everyone has their own personal favourite, but our stay there is not complete without a few nights at Mad Mikes!

Sue
Corfu...I came, I saw, it conquered!
Jbtapscott View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbtapscott Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 8:42pm
Would agree with Sue - would definitely recommend coming in to the resort (very short walk from the AB) as there are a good range of tavernas/bars at "your" end of the resort.

The bus service should also be running by then so that will also provide an option if you just want a quick run into Corfu Town, although car hire is also a good option as there are plenty of small villages, etc., in the south that are worth a visit.
Brent
Agios Georgios, Argirades
Nathsamk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 2:14pm
Thanks all

Really cant wait now,  its the first holiday away from the kids in 7 years and even though we feel a little bad were still gonna enjoy it...

Has anybody got any info on the Sandy Beach Resort?  It has really good feed back on the reviews since it was taken over in 2009 but just wondered if anybody had stayed there before.

As Ive put earlier I wouldnt normally go allinclusive anywhere nevermind in Corfu but at the price we got this for and being last minute we thought it was worth a punt and seens as its so close to the resort centre we can always have a little wander to town.

Thanks again everybody
Sooz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sooz Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 10:00pm
One thing I am sure of is that if you like Roda, you will love St George South. There is something about the place that draws you back, year after year. The whole resort is so friendly you just want to return again and again.
Corfu...I came, I saw, it conquered!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic