'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > General Corfu Holiday Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Help Where To Stay In April

General Corfu Holiday Questions, Corfu

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help Where To Stay In April
    Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 1:24am
Can anyone suggest a good resort to stay late April for a couple with a baby. We are looking for self catering apartments or something like that for 1 week. Also not sure to where is best to stay ...in Gouvia, Acharavi or where would be open this time of year?

Any advice is appreciated.
Mansej View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansej Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 9:32am
I would suggest Acharavi, as they have some good supermarkets for supplies and you should get a fair choice of tavernas. Also you can walk to Roda from there, so you get extra choices.
Hope this helps.
Lindybell View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lindybell Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 2:15pm
Ipsos is nice... nice to walk with the baby along the front. Cheap super market and lots of tavernas too...
I just love that Corfu feeling!
Sue Avrio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Avrio Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 2:36pm
Check out the current post '2013 Taverna Opening Dates' as the replies would be much the same.
Beside the sea all worries wash away!!
Janmanessi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janmanessi Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 5:49pm
I'd stay somewhere within easy reach of Corfu Town- look at Benitses- good playground (if baby is old enough to use it), several good tavernas, safe beach, regular bus service to town
Catha45 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catha45 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 11:42am
Wouldn't have thought that much would be open in Ipsos in April, when we have visited mid-May for the last couple of years there have only been one or two places open.  Tiffanys has stayed open over the winter for the last couple of years but I am not sure about any of the restaurants as we have only found Stathis and Moby Dick open when we were there.  The AB Supermarket should be open on the front and Dimitris bar in the village also stays open all year.  Agree with Lindybell about the walk along the seafront, do it most mornings when we are staying there.  Not sure about the bus service times out of season but it is only a short run into Corfu Town from Ipsos for more choice.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janmanessi Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 12:09pm
Ipsos is on the long distance bus route- I would stay within the local bus radius- Benitses in the south, Dassia in the north
Flange View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flange Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013 at 8:15pm
Hi,
It depends when you say late April. I am travelling to Gouvia on 3 May which will be up and running by then as it is the Greek Easter. I expect they will have started gearing up a week before. Hope you do find something suitable and enjoy Corfu as it is magical. In the 1980's everywhere in Corfu would be open in April as it was then my family would visit during the school Easter holidays and easy flights from the UK. Yammas!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2013 at 11:58am
in April I would only look at a radius of 12 kms approximately from town- the limit of nthe more frequent local buses.  Then if the weather is poor you can get into town, and if good use your resort as a base for exploring the rest of the island. 

I would look at Benitses (Argo apartments would be great), Dassia, Kontokali
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic