'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > Kassiopi
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Advice Please?

Kassiopi, Corfu

Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alehouse Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice Please?
    Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 4:08pm
Going to Kassiopi again but this time with a group (first time) and the women and children are going to the water park but want to take the guys to a proper Greek taverna (owned and run by the locals). Would love to go into the hills around Kassiopi to taste the real taste of Corfu, can anyone give some sugestions, taxis are no problem, just want something different for the new comers. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Alehouse View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alehouse Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 4:14pm
Think this is the ex pats or Elliemays fieldSmileSmile
Elliemay View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliemay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 5:49pm
Hi Alehouse,
Just a few ideas. Can't recommend any above Kassiopi as I know a couple that have closed.
There is Roumelis in Nissaki, lovely food and they have live music on Saturday and I think a spit roast on a Friday night. You can call them on 26630 91638 to check. They are also open lunch times.
For a really Greek meal in a lovely seaside setting, Zephyros at Almyros. They are open all year, nearly all day and have a limited menu, but it is all fresh. Please don't tell anyone else about this as it is ours and Bob and Wendys secret.
Also there are 2 or 3 restaurants in New Perithia that are Greek owned, Harrys and Gelatis come to mind. If you wish to venture further afield in Acharavi there is Yiannis restaurant. Lovely spit roast chicken and pork.
If I think of any more that side of the island I will let you know as we are more up on restaurants in the NW of the island.
Cornucopia
Of
Real
Friends
Unsurpassed
Boblil4550 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boblil4550 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 10:39pm
Hi Alehouse,
Like Elliemay said try New Perithia especially Harry's  Star  It is very good, we try and go there every time  we are in Kassiopi only 10klm or less away, also try the local bar in Kassiopi where all the Greeks drink and talk (loudly) you will have a great time in the market square where ever you take your group they will enjoy it.
Have a good time Lil & Bob

life is not a rehearsal live it to the full !!!!!!!!!!
Bob and Wendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob and Wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 12:33am
Alehouse, when are you going, for a real Greek experiance try to find a village panigieri, mostly in the summer months, as they cost a commitment from the people so they need a guarantee of good weather.
Jesus wants me as a sunbeam. And a jolly good sunbeam am I.
SusieH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SusieH Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 12:44am
Gelatis is somewhere I love to go, does not look traditional but it is and there are always loads of kids there with families and it is unbelievably cheap and brilliant food!!
Davyboy View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 12:10pm
A little further out high in the hills is a place we go every year, is the Taverna Passaras just before you get to Alimatades, well worth a visitThumbs Up
Keep taking your, take a holiday in kassiopi pills.

Sedgi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedgi Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 12:40pm
Avliotes does it for me every year, right in the heart of the village there is a traditional taverna where the whole village sit. It's amazing, sadly will not be there this year as going to Rhodes. Youtube have some videos of Avliotes.
Sedgi
Love Life, Love Corfu!
MartynG View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartynG Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 3:24pm
For some really tasty traditional food, I would suggest O'Foros (run by Tomas) in Old Perithia.

Martyn
D&D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D&D Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2013 at 5:06pm
Many of the places already recommended are a bit far for a taxi, are they not?  I suppose it depends on your budget :)
The Panorama taverna is close to Kassiopi, up in the hills with lovely views (the clue is in the name!)  Turn left towards Kalami at the main road, and look for a right after about a mile - there's a sign for Panorama at the turning.   

10 minutes from Kassiopi.  Ahh lovely, wish I was there right now.
Weststekker View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weststekker Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2013 at 2:56pm
 If you are interestrd in local festivals there is a list on the forum.

Village Festivals/Panegyris 2013

General Corfu Holiday Questions, Corfu

Yammas, Colin.
Your Wish is my Command Master.
Elliemay View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliemay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2013 at 12:44pm
Cornucopia
Of
Real
Friends
Unsurpassed
Rocdoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocdoc Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 12:03am
If you venture into town, would recommend Rouvas for lunch, real freshly cooked Greek and Corfiot dishes
its nice to be important but its more important to be nice
Babybels71 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babybels71 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 3:15pm
I agree with New Perithia the food there is amazing and we will be visiting it again definitely.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic