'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > Agios (Saint) Stephanos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Return To San Stephanos

Agios (Saint) Stephanos, Corfu

Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JackieV Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Return To San Stephanos
    Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 9:32pm
Hi it's been a while since I was last on this forum, we came to San Stephanos 3 years running but last two years have travelled elsewhere, now we cannot ignore the calling to return to our favourite place. Can you guys please tell me is it the same? Daminos, Yannis's boats, is Christina still in the supermarket? We are also looking for a place to stay due to recession we cannot afford our usual villa, so would be grateful for any suggestions of somewhere to lay our heads, just the two of us.
Looking forward to hearing from some of you regulars.
Cheers JackieV
Learn from yesterday live for today
Bob and Wendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob and Wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 9:41pm
Yes nothing much has changed in the last couple of years, Giani's boat hire, Damiano's and the Wave bar, Christina's minimarket, Kapareli and Galini tavernas still going strong. I'm not sure if the San Stephanos boat hire was in existance then, located on the beach immediatly in front of Kapareli Taverna.
Jesus wants me as a sunbeam. And a jolly good sunbeam am I.
JackieV View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JackieV Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 9:48pm
Thank you for such a quick reply, good to know nothing's changed as we loved that place, as I said we are hoping to go back next year, this year we are off to Santorini. If you have any info on private holiday lets in that area I would appreciate it, it's not always easy to find a one bedroom apartment or better still villa.
JackieV
JackieV View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 9:56pm
I got names mixed up I meant Giani's boats, although the new boat hire place near Kapareli had just started up last time we were there, we always used Giani's to hire our boat. Great memories.
Ross1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ross1 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 1:58pm
If you want somewhere simple to stay that's right in the harbour with wonderful views have a look at these 

http://www.ionianislandholidays.com/evanna-anna-and-spiros-agios-stephanos-corfu-property-GCEVAN.htm

We stayed in one of them a few years ago, just two of us, not luxurious but perfectly good and about 1 minute from Kaparelli
JackieV View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 2:53pm
Thank you for that information, I had looked at those previously and I shall have another look. I appreciate you taking the time to get back to me.
JackieV
JackieV View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 7:28pm
Just want to say a big thank you to you Ross1 I looked at those apartments again and I have booked for 2014! Wooop wooop so happy to be returning to my favorite place.
Cheers JackieV
Ross1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ross1 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2013 at 1:32pm
You are welcome JackieV, hope you enjoy it. We'll be staying in Kalami this year but no doubt lunching occasionally in San Stephanos
Holhil View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holhil Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 3:57pm
Or you could try:

Owned by Eleni and her family who live above the clothes shop and Kokkilli restaurant, simple accomodation, lovely views, reasonable prices but very clean. Stayed there several times.
Michelle
JackieV View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 3:09pm
Thank you for that link, I have booked now but I will save that information for another time.
JackieV
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic